Wednesday, October 27, 2010



The Truth is- I'm pretty sure Preston can already tell I'm a dork and embarrassing. Example. Last week I was feeding him raisins (which was an interesting experience on its own) and I showed him how there were 5 more little boxes of raisins. So then in my best Napoleon Dynamite voice I told him "There's a lot more where this came from.... if you go to the dance with me". He just gave me a look.

The Truth is- Sometimes Patrick and I forget that Heath Ledger died. Then we'll be driving in the car and randomly one of us will say "I miss Heath Ledger". Because we do.

The Truth is- We've been sleeping with our bedroom window open, which is so so nice. The only problem is that in the morning before its real light out the birds will start chirping. It wouldn't be a problem, but it's so faint & steady that I think it's our alarm going off. So then I sit straight up in bed and listen and realize it's just the birds. But by then it's too late to go back to sleep, I'm wide awake. Stupid birds.

The Truth is- About every other time I take a sweater off I start singing the song from Grease "Your the one that I Want". It reminds me of that part at the end of the movie where Danny peels off his letterman sweater and then starts singing. Lucky for me Preston thought it was hilarious when we had an impromptu Grease sing-a-long the other day. So maybe he doesn't think everything I do is dorky and embarrassing!

2 comments:

Krissa said...

hahaha.... on impromtu sing alongs...my favorite... i dont think he will ever think you are a dork...that kid ABSOLUTELY adores you... such a momma's boy...its so cute!!!!!

I miss Heath Ledger too... someone posted some movie stills from 10 things i hate about you... i just sat there and thought of him and stared at the pics... ugh!

our windows are open in our house too... i have realized how loud it is outside. blast those sirens!!!

David and Natalie Reheis said...

Hahaha you and patrick are so funny. Seriously though. Heath died on David's birthday. It was a bitter/sweet day.