Wednesday, October 6, 2010



The Truth is- There is a rat on our bedroom door. Not a REAL rat of course. It's a picture of a rat that my nephew drew in school that one of the boys found and stuck onto our door. And we left it there. Partly because we didn't know what it was for awhile (a rat holding a piece of cheese can look very different when drawn by an 8yr old) but mostly because it's fun to tell people "it's the room with the rat on the door" when they are looking for our bedroom.

The Truth is- Yesterday there was this huge storm. And thats fine. But last night we were out of formula so I went up to Bashas to get more. It was calm when I left, calm when I got to the store, apocalyptic when I came out. But I got to my car, used both hands to get the door shut and then sat there. The wind was blowing cars so much car alarms were going off, sideways rain and then there was hail. And I thought. I've seen Twister. I know what happens next. So I turned on my lights. Because if there is a tornado coming towards me I want to be able to see it.

The Truth is- When we first moved here I was 12, and people kept talking about "Snowbirds". I was 12! From California. I had NO IDEA what a snowbird was. Did I tell anyone I didn't know? Nope. Just stayed on the lookout for some strange exotic type bird that apparently reeked havoc on you when driving. The bird never surfaced, and as the years passed I learned the true meaning of snowbird.

The Truth is- Patricks been trying for a looooong time to talk me into getting Netflix. I don't know why I've been holding out, maybe it was the idea of another bill every month. But yesterday new Karate Kid movie came out. And I really really wanted to see this movie. And so first thing in the morning I checked our local Blockbuster Express kiosk and it wasn't there (sometimes they don't add new movies for awhile). And that was the straw that broke the camels back. The Karate Kid starring Jaden Smith has forced us to become Netflixers.

4 comments:

Krissa said...

i am so glad to hear you came around to netflix...they are super fast... i got my dvd like 2 days later... so fast! which reminds me that i have still NOT watched it...it just sits there...exactly why i cant do the due date thing...ok...moving on...
that storm last night...CRAZY!!!! like scary how that rain was coming down...so insane!
haha...and i totally laughed out loud about your snowbird thing...so so funny!!!!! haha...

let me know you like karate kid!

Shay said...

Ok so im going to join in on your truth is wednesday but its going to be some facts about you!

The truth is when we were younger and jessica came to the grandparents oceana condo i remember walking around with her and there was a silver mitsubishi eclipse and i remember jessica saying thats the car she wated when she grew up!

The truth is Jessica loves to sit on the beach and just talk forever!

The truth is that me my sister and jessica went to a backstreet boys concert and we were pretty close to the stage, about 7th row away, and nick decided to throw out a stuffed turtle into the audience. WE were lucky enough that he threw it our way, and the thing is that some other girl had caught onto it as well, so to get to the point, the truth is that jessica bit the girls arm to get it out of her hands! :) HAHAAHAHHA

Jessica/Patrick said...

Who DOESN'T love to sit on the beach and just talk forever?!?!
And Shay, you know as well as I do that I HAD to bite that girl. She was trying to take our stuffed animal!

Jen said...

you bit her!! that is hilarious!!!
love the snowbirds thing! you make me laugh!!