Wednesday, September 22, 2010


The Truth is- Yesterday I was cleaning out the fridge. Like REALLY cleaning it out, washing shelfs and such. As I pulled out the fruit crisper (I think that's what it's called) I found something interesting underneath it. A sunglass lens. Just one. A left one. And I sat there for a few minutes thinking "HOW did this get here?! How long has it been here?! When did someone lose just ONE lens from their sunglasses?!"" Then I realized it's just a sunglass lens, not a dinosaur bone, drop the questions and feeling of awe and move on! So I did. Although I still wonder how it got there....

The Truth is- Whenever we play The Price is Right on the Wii I take bidding on the showcase showdown very seriously. For some reason I decide on whether to bid or pass based on real life. Such as "Oh that trip to Egypt would be really fun...but we couldn't take Preston b/c he would just get super sunburned. Although it would make for some good pictures for him....but who would watch him while we are away?! I should really be sensible and bid on the new bedroom set. Plus we need new carpet and it comes with 500 yards of carpet." I'm pretty sure that's how it would go down in my head if we ever really were on the Price is Right. Plus if we went to Egypt we'd just spend the whole time quoting "The Mummy".

The Truth is- Remember last week when I posted that picture of Beyonce posing with her foot bent up towards her head?! The truth is that after I posted that I tried to get into that position. Not happening.

The Truth is- When I put away dishes from the dishwasher I tend to not close any of the cupboards till I'm done. I'm not sure why, but when I'm done there will be quite a few doors open. Kinda reminds me of that scene in The 6th Sense where the mom leaves the boy in the kitchen and when she walks back in 2 seconds later all the cupboard doors are open. Only my version is less creepy because it's me doing it not some dead person who doesn't know they are dead.

You really should play along, it's fun!!

5 comments:

Krissa said...

okay well the opened cupboards reminded me of Date Night...but then again i think those were drawers right... so funny...

i would pull a muscle if i tried to get in that position.

i totally agree with your thinking of playing that game...it is serious... those same thoughts go through my mind...except my life...you know what i mean...

i am going to play along...as soon as i think of something... UGH!!!!! i seriously had some and i cant remember!

David and Natalie Reheis said...

hahahahah!!! I keep all the doors open while emptying the dishwasher as well. And I often think of the 6th sense while in my kitchen.

Also, I won both showcases on the Price is Right for the Wii once. I was within like 40 bucks or something. Boo. Ya.

Jen said...

i like your truths they are always funny!

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

This post was great :)

JIMMY said...

YOU FOUND THE SUNGLASSES LENS!!!!!!! Let me tell you where that came from! About 8-9 months ago, i was talkin to Andrew as he was in the kitchen eating, He dropped his sunglasses, and the lens disappeared! We spent a good amount of time looking for it which included moving the fridge, looking under the stove and in the pantry... IT DISAPPEARED! Who would've guess the crisper....... You should mail it to Andrew.