Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Confession Wednesday

(Another new weekly thing I'm trying out in an attempt to be a more faithful blogger)

  • The Truth is- when I hear the word "confession" I don't think of confessing sins to a priest, I think of Usher, and the song he did called "confessions". Oh and apparently he also had an album by the same name. Now I'm really going to think of him. And I don't really like Usher.

  • The Truth is- when I was younger (like 10ish) I use to roller blade outside and pretend like I was a professional figure skater. Not only that, but I had my future figure skating name, which was Oksana. So I guess I wanted to grow up to become a figure skater and become Russian.

  • The Truth is- without Saved By the Bell Patrick and I probably never would have met. I had posted on my MySpace (remember Myspace?!) in my "Who I want to meet" section that I wanted to meet Zach Morris from Saved By The Bell. He sent me an e-mail saying how he wanted to meet Zach Morris too, and then one thing led to another. . . Thank you Zach Morris, with your coiffed hair and enormous cell phone for bringing me love.

  • The Truth is- that sometimes people give me a look when I tell them I taught my baby to sleep through the night by letting him cry it out for a few days. And that look makes me feel like I'm a bad mom.

  • The Truth is- that every family has favorite movies that they watch and quote over and over. My families favorite movies are kind of strange. Forrest Gump, Armageddon, Independence Day and Twister. But I have really good memories of watching all those movies. And quoting them at really random times. "We win Gracie, we win."

  • The Truth is- I'm really afraid of killer whales. Have been since the pregnancy when I had a bad dream about them (one where a whale swallowed a 4 yr old girl). They just scare me now. So a few days ago when Patrick put a movie cover for some nature show that was about Killer Whales in the diaper bag, I didn't do much laughing. But he did.

  • The Truth is- I'm still singing the Usher song "Confessions" in my head. I need a new word.

2 comments:

Jen said...

you make me laugh!! I love the whole usher thing, so call it "the truth is wednesday" and i like your effort at better blogging. and he really put the killer whale one in the bag?!! ah, patrick!! it is a little funny though! and way to be up and going on this "the truth is wednesday"! see you soon!!

Krissa said...

oh you got that Usher song stuck in my head...and yes there totally i s a CD entitled that. My sister has it.
I had no idea thats the comment that brought you and Patrick together that is awesome...thank you Zach....haha
LOVE this!!!! I am so looking forward to reading more of these!