Monday, January 17, 2011

I dreamed a dream. . .




Today I spent a lot of time doing this:

Because today is MLK day. And MLK knew what it was like to have a dream (I would know because in 2nd grade I had to memorize his speech & recite it in front of the whole school). My dream is different though. I want a garden. It's actually one of my 3 New Years Resolutions/goals.

Thank goodness the Mesa Public Library still lets you check out books when you have late fees otherwise I might never be allowed to check books out. So last week I checked out about 4 books on starting a garden.

Now all I need is for someone t0 come over & show me where to put my garden, what to plant, the difference between a weed and a plant and of course teach me to like the things I grow. Like carrots.

The day was also spent doing things like wiping The Orange Ones nose over and over because he has a cold/cough. I doubt anyone dreams about that.

p.s Don't you LOVE my new background & header?!? Webmaster Krissa is awesome at stuff like that!

4 comments:

Jen said...

gardens intrigue me. but not enough to do anything about it! it's eliott's job over here when we do something like that. so kudos to you for giving it a go!! if you have questions, jeff loves to garden and might have some helpful tips!!

Shay said...

Love it! I always wanted to have a garden too!!! The apartment manager where i live has a garden in our backyard and he grows: corn, radishes, tomatoes, carrots, lettuce, chives, and bunches more!

Krissa said...

i am really glad you are learning to garden... because then someday you can make one for me someday when i have my own house... i mean help, someday you can help me me....haha...ehhh....

ummm... i also would like to hear you recite that speech... thanks!!!

Anonymous said...

My Dad is awesome at gardening if you want any tips/help!

And I like your headband. And I love your new background/etc.