Wednesday, June 16, 2010



The Truth is- This year is my 10 year High School Reunion. I'll save you the trouble and admit that I'm old. I tell people its my reunion, and that I don't want to go because why would I want to go and be ignored by people who ignored me 10 yrs ago? People say "ohhhhh you should go it would be fun". And then I say, its $100 a person to go. And then people say "Thats dumb, you shouldn't go." So no, I'm not going.

The Truth is- My Dad use to be really strict about making us clean our rooms. My sister and I shared a room, and in typical childlike fashion would "clean" by just stuffing stuff wherever we could. Closets, beds, dresser drawers. One time my sister stuffed stuff into my backpack. It was only when I got to school and opened it did I discover the hangers and underwear she had put inside there.

The Truth is- That same sister and I use to share a bed. Sometimes at night we'd pull the blanket up to the top of our necks and lay real still. We thought people who walked by would see and think our heads had been chopped off and were just laying on the bed. Kind of morbid!

The Truth is- If I take a shower and I have my wedding ring on I think of that scene in Apollo 13 where Tom Hanks wife is showering and loses her wedding ring down the drain. What if mine comes off and goes down the drain and then my husband is on a shuttle to the moon that ends with an electrical fault that sparks an explosion leaving him to deal with limited power, loss of heat and a critical need to find a way to rig up a carbon dioxide removal system!? I couldn't handle that! So I try to remember to take it off.

The Truth is- I hate being honked at. Makes me feel awful inside. And so I try not to honk at people. And Patrick won't honk at people when I'm in the car with him.

The Truth is- One summer while my mom was working, all of us kids would get our money together and go to the dollar movies like 3 times a week. This was of course when the dollar movies were actually a dollar. I think they hated us paying in change. Oh well! We must have seen Anacondas like 4 times that summer.

The Truth is- I agreed to name Preston Preston before we were even married. Patrick liked the name, but then it was set in stone his first son would be named Preston when he was on his mission and his first area he served in was Preston England. It's kind of fun when you think of it that way. And he TOTALLY looks like a Preston.

3 comments:

Krissa said...

HAHAHA...Oh my heck...i cant even think of that scene or the after events in such detail of that movie...but thatis hilarious and a completely valid reason for not wearing it...i have that noted for myself someday...haha.

nope...i wouldnt go to the reunion either...thats a butt load of money!

and holy heck i cant imagine being at school and opening up my backpack to that...that is awesome!!!! i used to be a cleaner like that...i got in so much trouble for just cramming things places to make the room look clean...ironic now that i am such a clean freak...

I think Preston looks like a Preston too..haha...

Samantha said...

You are really good at thinking of the most interesting truths to share. I especially liked the stuffing story:) I would have been really mad and probably have never seen the humor in it.

Jessica/Patrick said...

Took me a loooooong time before I thought that story was funny.
YEARS.