Friday, June 18, 2010

Dear Jimmy,
You don't read my blog, so it's ok if I write this.
You play this song A LOT.
LOUDLY.
REPEATEDLY.
You play it at home.
You play it in the car.
You play it while you drive the bus.
(and then elementary school kids make comments about it such as "this is why you don't have a girlfriend.")
But latlely you haven't been playing it.
And I miss it.
Because secretly I love it.
So now whenever it comes on the radio I turn it up.
And I sing to it.
Even though I don't know all the words and think some of them are dumb.
(Your so gangsta I'm so thug.)
We're gonna miss you a lot when you leave in a few weeks.
But I'll always be your Hey Soul Sister.
Love,
Jess

3 comments:

Krissa said...

Umm...totally LOVE this song...i will admit the first few times i did NOT like it...but it is now my ringtone...so it got me hooked...ill admit i got hooked after i saw the video haha...
yes...weird lyrics for sure...the ones that always get me...

Im so obsessed
My heart is bout to beat
Right out my untrimmed chest

not a fan of untrimmed chests...so that always gets me...hahahaha...

Anonymous said...

At least its not BRICK.

Jenna and Curt said...

I totally dig this song. haha. I love cut a rug part...makes me happy.