Wednesday, June 9, 2010



The Truth is- One day, when I was about 3 or 4 I was out grocery shopping with my mom and an older lady asked me "where did you get your pretty red hair?" and I replied to her "on sale at JC Pennys." True story. I don't remember it, but my mom use to tell me that story a lot. Speaking of my mom...

The Truth is- The year that John Kerry was running for President my mom refused to buy Heinz Ketchup. John Kerry's wife is heir to the Heinz fortune (or something like that) and she said if we bought it, it would be supporting her since she used a lot of her ketchup money for her husbands campain. To me ketchup is ketchup, but to her it was all political. Kinda glad he didn't win because Heinz has the best ketchup and I wouldn't have wanted to go 4, possibly 8 years without having it.

The Truth is- I use to dance. Ballet dance. I took dance from when I was 3-11, then from 14-18. I wasn't horrible. I wasn't the best. But I miss it a lot. Especially when So You Think You Can Dance is on. Therefore, my daughters will take dance. Even if they hate putting on tights because their legs are sweaty.

The Truth is- Before I go to sleep at night I have to play a game of Speed Scrabble on my phone. I don't have to win, and sometimes I don't even finish a game. I just have to play it. It relaxes me and makes my mind calm down for the night. Speaking of sleeping....

The Truth is- I sleep with a teddy bear. It's true. Patrick got it for me a few years ago for my birthday, but even before the teddy bear I would always sleep with a stuffed animal. I just like to have something to hug and hold against my chest to fall asleep. I tried to stop when Preston was born because I can picture him coming in to our room to tell me he had a bad dream and me sleeping with a teddy bear...embarassing! But I can't give it up! I figure I still have a few more years before he realizes his mom is a baby.

The Truth is- Sometimes I make noises to see if they scare Preston. And then if they do, I kinda want to make them again. Mostly because he has the cutest sad frowny face and I like to comfort him. Too bad for me most of my "scary" noises make him smile. But then again everything makes him smile.

2 comments:

Krissa said...

HAHAHA...those are good...SYTYCD makes me wish i could dance...i am horrible...HORRIBLE!!!!!

and walking in and seeingyou cuddled with a teddy bear...priceless...that is awesome!!!

and Preston does smile at everything...seriously the happiest baby i have ever seen.

David and Natalie Reheis said...

hahaha these are cracking me up!!! i love your little confessions.
p.s. i have to snuggle with a blankie or pillow to fall asleep.