Friday, September 7, 2012

I'll Love You Forever



Jaxton is entering what will henceforth be known as the "I'll Love You Forever" stage.
You know this book and the part that says: " The baby grew. He grew and he grew and he grew. He grew until he was two years  10 months old, and he ran all around the house. He pulled all the books off the shelves. He pulled all the food out of the refrigerator and he took his mother's watch and flushed it down the toilet. Sometimes his mother would say, "this kid is driving me CRAZY!" 

I think Jaxton is trying to recreate it daily in our house. 




He is SO fast at unrolling the toilet paper.
And there have been times I've caught him splashing in the toilet.
The bathroom doors stay closed now. 




 He is constantly pulling all of Preston's "man-means" (magazines) off the shelf and then ripping them apart. 


We had to tie the fireplace doors shut because he would keep opening them and playing in the soot & then of course smash his fingers. So now that he can't get it open he just pulls all the pokers down. 




Dont leave any food around or he will take it upon himself to throw it on the floor. Or just eat it all. 



And lately he/s discovered where i keep my baking sheets and pulls them all out. Of course he bangs them around making such pretty music. 

And this is just the tip of the iceberg!
Don't let those big blue eyes and sweet smile fool you, the kid is TROUBLE. 

But at night time, when that  two year  10 month old was quiet, she opened the door to his room, crawled across the floor, looked up over the side of his bed; and if he was really asleep she picked him up and rocked him back and forth, back and forth, back and forth. While she rocked him she sang:
I'll love you forever,
I'll like you for always,
As long as I'm living
my baby you'll be.

2 comments:

The Gibson's said...

OMGosh so sweet! And you have NO IDEA the trouble he will be if he is anything like my second born boy...Good luck :)

Anonymous said...

The blue eyes and dimples DO fool me, though! Sigh. All the time. And I LOVE that book!!