Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Jaxton hits 9 Months!!





Jaxton is 9 months new!
There are days when it feels like he just got here and others where it seems like he's always been with us.
But everyday he is so smiley and happy.

Here are his 9 month Stats:

Weight- 18.4 : 10%
Height- 29.75 : 90%
Head Circ.- 45.5cm : 50%

SUPER long, SUPER lean, SUPER normal sized head!

Ok. Listen. Jaxton eats A TON, so please don't think I need to feed him more to fatten him up. He eats 6 jars of baby food a day and 24-28oz of formula. Plus now he's starting more finger foods and eats those along with his meals. The kid just burns up a ton of energy daily. The doctor isn't worried about it, so neither am I. He's probably going to be a great swimmer with his enormous torso. (Olympics 2028!)
His iron level was a little low, but so is Preston's so we just need to incorporate more iron into our diet.
AT 9 Months Jaxton:::

*Has 2 teeth all the way in and 2 that just broke the surface including a top front tooth. The other one will be close behind Im sure.

*Fits better in 12 mo clothes. Still in 6 mo shorts/pants but bigger shirts because of his big upper body. 




*Takes 2 naps a day, for about 2hrs each and then sleeps from 7:45pm-6:30ish in the morning. I approve of this schedule. But he HATES sleeping in his crib. If I put him in the crib he will just cry and cry and cry & then Preston will beg me to take him out of the room because it's too loud. He prefers the pack-n-play which I really don't get b/c the crib is so much more comfy! Once our Summer calms down we'll be moving the crib into the craft room and training him (ie letting him cry it out) to sleep in there. 



*He prefers men over women. Calm down. I simply mean he prefers Preston or his Daddy or his Papa Todd over his Momma or Nana. This makes Momma and Nana sad but Daddy & Papa T. happy. Preston is still his favorite though, sorry. 

(Oh my blue eyes in this picture! I die!)

*He pulls himself up on everything now. I hate this stage! He just has such trust when he shouldn't. Like holding on to the back of the chair and then falling straight back onto the tile. I much prefer walking and him getting into things then all the falling. Plus he doesn't know how to get down once he is standing so he'll just whine until someone comes to help him. 


*No mama or dada yet, but I'm betting it'll happen anyday now. He LOVES to shake his head no though, which is adorable.

*He still army crawls, but MAN is he fast!! He wants to walk so bad though and looks so cute when you hold his hands so he can walk. 



*He recently started playing peek-a-boo and will pull things over his face to play. He can also clap, sometimes waves, but I don't think he fully grasps that concept, and climb stairs. Hooray.....
*He needs a haircut I'm sure, but I don't want to give him one yet. It'll make him look so grownup and I still want him to be a baby! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this Jaja post! Here are my favorite things about him so far:

He's (almost) always a super smiley boy!
His adorable, sunshiney smile
Dimples, dimples, dimples!!
Amaaazing blue eyes--I could stare into them forever!
His random shouts he does to be part of a conversation (especially when Preston and I are talking)

Love my Jaxton! So happy I have one in my life!