Thursday, July 5, 2012

4th of July!

Oh 4th of July.
How I love thee and the opportunity you bring for us to gorge ourselves on steak & other delicious BBQ'd things. 

This 4th of July was AMAZING.
Let me tell you why.
The high yesterday was like 82.
UNBELIEVABLE!
It even sprinkled!!!
It was a 4th of July miracle!!!!

The day started out with me and Jaxton being lazy & taking a nap while Preston and his Daddy did yard work. Hey, when its like 74 degrees out at noon you gotta do stuff like that regardless of if its a holiday! 

Later we prepared for our dinner.
I wanted to make something patriotic, and so I decided on this.
So dang good.
Find the recipe HERE 

Once Noah/John/Rox came over we spent more time outside.
Jaxton got a chance to swing in the swing, but only for a few seconds before Preston threw a fit about it being his swing & such. (we're working on that)





Patrick lit off some fireworks and we watched from the inside b/c Preston declared it to be too loud outside. 



This kid loves fireworks. As soon as he woke up from his nap yesterday he was asking to do fireworks and then this morning one of the first things he asked me for was fireworks. 






With our sparkles
(spoiler, they were leftover "wedding sparklers" that I had from a friends wedding, not firework sparklers)



And of course Preston used his to cast spells on all of us. 


3 comments:

Roxanne Roberts said...

Noah is totally saying "cheeese" on the swing picture. Im glad I got to see John's bum!

Anonymous said...

Fun day! And, I was wondering if Preston would cast any spells while playing with a sparkler. It's the perfect opportunity. I'm glad he took it.

Roxanne Roberts said...

I love how Jess+Jaxton are wearing red/blue shirts for the occasion and Patrick a banana shirt,Preston a hot dog!