Friday, July 11, 2014

Phoenix Childrens Museum

For Christmas almost 2 years ago we were given a gift card to go visit one of our favorite fun places, The Phoenix Children s Museum. And we just now used that gift card. In my defense shortly after that Christmas I got pregnant with Lucas and then Pukestock 2013 happened and then that whole "my baby keeps having brain surgery" hiccup happened and we just never used it. But yesterday was the day to use it. Thank goodness it didn't have an expiration date! 
BTW we will NEVER go on a long road trip. In the 35 minutes it took to get there Preston would not stop with the "are we almost there? how much longer? why does it have to be so far away?" comments.

We always start with the scarf tube wall. Such a fun simple idea that brings them so much joy. 


I joined the boys in climbing up the enormous tree house. High five for not getting stuck! Although I almost did once...and I did hit my head once. And I took a blurry picture.


I think the noodle jungle was Jaxtons favorite thing. Every time we would come out of a room on that floor he would run to it and run in it and then run out and tell me "i did it!" 


This was a new fun thing we hadn't seen before. Some small owls could be attached by velcro to a belt that you turned and at the top was a bald eagle who had wings like fan blades that would hit them off. 




Peek-a-boo Jaxton!


Preston made me a delicious hot dog. He even gave me an extra bun because he knows how much I like bread. 



Jaxton had to make sure the flowers were arranged just right! 



Lucas hung out in the kids under 3 only room with me for a little bit. He spent a lot of time looking at himself in the mirror till 2 little twin girls showed up. Then he tried to impress them and pull their hair. 


Preston decided that the "car wash" was his favorite thing to do there. He learned how to peddle a bike at school last year so he just zoomed around. Jaxton on the other hand had a little trouble. 





Then they brushed up on their "Plinko" skills in case they ever go on the Price is Right. 

We ended the day back at the tree house and while the boys climbed Lucas found the cutest little baby ever in the mirror. 



All 3 of them fell asleep on the way home which was so nice and of course they all 3 woke up the second we got home. 

2 comments:

Krissa said...

that place looks like so much fun!!!! and uh… i don't think many people can say the " my kid having brain surgery" thing…

JIMMY said...

Since the carwash was Preston's favorite, does that mean his new chore will be washing the car??? Or maybe taking it through the car wash!

You're looking good Jess! Im excited to come see you guys! Less than one month!