Monday, July 21, 2014

Last week

16 days till school starts. The countdown has begun! 

This week Jaxton had some homework from the lady who comes over to work with him on speech. We are trying to strengthen his mouth muscles, which sounds silly, but a lot of time he talks with his teeth clenched and doesn't open his mouth wide enough for sounds.
One exercise was to dab sticky stuff around his mouth and he had to use his tongue to get it off. He picked Nutella over Peanut Butter. We have to keep working on this. 


Next we put cereal on the table and he was suppose to use just his tongue to pick it up. We have to keep working on this too since he was scooping instead of poking. But it doesn't really feel like work when its all food related. He likes it and the other boys want to try it too, which is fine by me. 



We had a family date night to Golfland. Or rather, Preston told me he would share his date and let me come with him golfing with Daddy. How kind of him. 

My boys love golfing. Or rather they love walking around with a golf club and then putting their ball in the hole. Hey, guaranteed hole in one with that method! 


Around hole 8 Jaxton needed a bathroom break (typical jaxton) so Preston and I rehydrated and took pictures. 




This week Lucas expanded his ever growing list of finger foods. He LOVES spaghetti. He ate as much of it as he could. 
And pizza wasn't so bad either.
Guess he is one of us after all! 


This week we bathed the boys together which was SO much easier until everyone wanted out at the same time. 


We went with Laura and her kids to a place called Pump it Up. Its full of blow up bouncy houses/slides/fun things.
Hallelujah for the fact it was indoors. The boys had a great time.
Here is Preston going up the slide and Jaxton sliding down. 


Jaxton had just finished the obstacle course. 



They had an interactive game where you could stand and pop the balloons that came up and the boys thought that was great. 


Lucas was there too & tried to escape my grasp to go on the obstacle course (pictured behind him) but I wouldn't let him. 

I did let him go down a small slide with Preston though. 
 My kids are braver then I thought they were. I thought they wouldn't want to climb up these tall things or slide down without me but I was so so wrong!! And I'm glad. 


They finished out their visit with a game of air hockey.
The final score was a tie:
Preston's smashed fingers- 1
Jaxton's smashed fingers- 1



Since they love "golfing" so much I got them some golf clubs and balls at Savers and then one afternoon we made our own golf course. 

And the week ended with us in our Sunday best trying to get a normal picture.
Failed.

XOXO 



1 comment:

The Gibson's said...

The air hockey score cracks me up! Smashed fingers LOL sounds about right!