Monday, February 21, 2011

Our weekend was a bust. To sum it up in one word- influenza.
But I'm getting ahead of myself. . . . .

FRIDAY- * Preston slept in till 8:30. Is this normal? No. Was it welcomed? Yes * Walk in the park where Preston proceeded to sleep in his stroller. Again, not normal * Visit from Krissa!! * Mini M&M's (which I suggest eating by pouring the entire packet in your mouth) * Preston acting lethargic. I thought that since he'd had an upset stomach the day before (which is a nice way of saying he threw up all over me) he just had low blood sugar since he hadn't been interested in eating at all. Fed him some yogurt * Cuddled again, not normal. My child is not a cuddler * A visit from the yogurt & milk he'd had earlier (yet another nice way of saying he threw up all over me again.) Poor Preston. Poor poor Preston. He was so pale & limp for a little while, then back to normal * Patrick going to dinner w/ the siblings at Olive Garden * Breadsticks for Jessica * The Book Thief * Being cranky & tired *

SATURDAY- * sickness. Many much sickness for our house. Started for me about 3am. Passed out a couple few times (thank goodness Patrick was there. As well as Preston, for who else would have thrown my phone in the trash?!) * Sleep and strange dreams * Toast. Bananas. Water. Repeat* John getting sick * Preston spending the day with Patrick who seemed immune * Laying in bed wondering how the grandparents in Charlie & The Chocolate Factory could lay in bed for 20 years when I was so stiff & sore after 20 hours * Patrick deciding to join the sick party * Us wondering how we were going to take care of Preston when we could barely get out of bed * Rice Krispies at 2am * More sleep

SUNDAY- * Relief from the sickness for me * A 70% better Patrick & John * a 100% adorable Preston * No church * Finishing The Book Thief and being so sad yet thinking it was so brilliant * Rox & Noah arriving!!!!!! FINALLY! * Dinner brought to us by a very thoughtful friend * The Office * Realizing that baby shampoo from the .99 store smells like dog shampoo. sad but true * Playing shaker cars with Preston in the kitchen, which then turned into see how far you can slide Preston across the kitchen floor * The start of a cold kicking in. Just what I need. * Sleep *


This week...RECOVER. I don't know how I managed to catch a cold while having the flu, but I did, and I did it good * Visiting with Rox/Noah/John * Family dinners * Bruce * Disinfecting our house * Renaissance Festival Saturday!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Jen said...

i am stuck on the you passing out thing! that is horrible! sorry you guys were all so sick! and that you missed olive garden.

Rebecca said...

oh, so sad you had a weekend of sickness, hope you all get feeling better soon. Glad Rox and Noah are there! And also - I LOVE The Book Thief!

Krissa said...

that kinda sounds like a horrible weekend... sorry you guys all got sick... i guess it was nice that it happened on the weekend and not during the week... glad to hear you guys are doing better!!!
i must say i smelled sour milk randomly throughout the weekend... i dont know why... it was weird...
and YAY for Noah and Rox coming!! that is awesome!!!!
hope your week is better than your weekend!