Tuesday, February 1, 2011

It's all happening!!

Sunday when the FIL was over I had him help me come up with a blue print for my garden.
I'll be having 2 4ft x 4ft boxes on opposite sides of the backyard.
The more sensitive plants will be in the box on the West side of the yard while the "full sun" plants will be in a box on the East side of the yard.
Saturday we'll be constructing the boxes and getting supplies, but here is what we have planned so far:



Today I measured out for the box going on the West side and set to work leveling the ground.

He supervised.


I'm SO excited!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE gardening! When I was younger I loved having my own plots for plants. Funny how weeding is such a chore when you're younger but when you're an adult you love it! I'm excited for you!

JIMMY said...

You know, you are digging right where Jack's poop zone was... He already fertilized that dirt for you. See, your beef jerky went towards a good cause!!So Jack deserves at least a quarter of your increase in goods. Only fair. Family rules.

Jessica/Patrick said...

Whatever jimmy, more like putting my garden where Jack's grave is going to be.

Krissa said...

how exciting!!!! i cant wait to eat your fresh goodies!!! and i cant wait for you to teach me all your tips someday :) i hope you are taking notes!!!!

JIMMY said...

Hey now, family rules are family rules! How does it feel having rules assigned to just you?!?!? Sucka! Welcome to my life.

ps. Jack is going to outlive all of us.

Shay said...

WOW!! That landscape looks pretty awesome! SOO ill be expecting monthly shipments of all these exciting fruits and vegetables!! (p.s. i agree with jimmy, Jack is going to outlive everyone!!!)