Wednesday, August 25, 2010


The Truth is- 3 more people last week said Preston looks like Jimmy. Will someone please tell me that my child does actually resemble me?!

The Truth is- Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night and have forgotten how to tell time. I'll look at my phone to check the time and stare at the numbers (for like 2 seconds) and think to myself "ok I know these numbers mean something...." and then I'll remember. Or I'll look at it and transpose the numbers and see that its like 3:74 instead of 3:47 and lay back down thinking it's only 3:74. Then Like a minute later I'll realize that just doesn't make any sense! Happens quite a bit.

The Truth is- I've picked up a habit from Patrick since meeting him. If someone else is talking and he thinks of something he wants to say instead of interrupting he crosses his fingers so that once they are done he can share what it is he wanted to say. I do the same thing now, but I think people think I'm just trying to get some good luck or something.

The Truth is- I hate pie. I really do. Maybe it's because it's usually served with whip cream and I don't like whipped cream. Pumpkin pie is the worst. No. Lemon Meringue. Pie is not good. But sometimes I'll crave it. My mind is trying to betray my stomach.

The Truth is- I have this CD I made awhile ago and I labeled it "Angy Girl Music". And on this CD is a lot of Britney Spears and Mandy Moore songs. Not exactly Angry Girl Music.... Maybe I just wanted people to think I was hardcore!

The Truth is- The Dirty Dancing Soundtrack will forever remind me of growing up in California and having to wash the dishes with my sister. Of course we'd take turns washing/rinsing/drying/putting away, but we never really listened to anything besides that tape. Yup. Cassette tape. I heard the song "Hungry Eyes" on the way home from the gym yesterday and had flashbacks of washing spaghetti pots and pans (those were the worst!!).

3 comments:

Krissa said...

YOUR BABY LOOKS LIKE YOU!!!!!

haha... your clock story made me laugh out loud. at work. yes weird looks from peopl...

okay...that is funny about the crossing the fingers thing...ill have to pay attention to that now...but thats a good idea!

how do you not like whip cream? what happened there??? no not such a pie fan either. but i do enjoy some pumpkin come thanksgiving time.

oh i have angry music. its actually entitled hater music. its intense.

{ps. thanks for changing this to pop up... now i can refer back to your post}

David and Natalie Reheis said...

haha Oh I seriously love wednesdays for this reason.

Jen said...

he of course looks like you but he soooo smiles like jimmy! do you love me anyway?

i love the crossing fingers thing. I had no idea you or patrick do that! I am such an interupter I may have to try this crossing the fingers thing!