Wednesday, July 7, 2010


The Truth is- My whole life we've kept the syrup in the fridge. Patrick comes along and asks why the syrup is in the fridge. I dunno, that's just where the syrup goes! I don't know why, it doesn't need to be refrigerated. It's not served better cold. Thats just how it's always been. Our syrup lives in the pantry now.

The Truth is- My Senior year in High School we had open campus for lunch and one day I went with a friend to Burger King. I let another car who was coming from the opposite direction cut in front of me at the drive in. Guess I must have been feeling extra nice that day. WELL, that lady I let in before me totally paid for our lunches! Free hamburger kids meal for me! And that's why you should always be courteous.

The Truth is- One day Andrew, Bree and I were in the family room watching a movie or something and a lizard fell from the light in the ceiling above the fireplace. A lizard fell from the sky. I then tried to trap it under a bowl, and almost cut its tail off. Needless to say it got away and ran behind the bookshelves. Someone had to rescue us at that point as I was in full panic mode. As a follow up one day Andrew went in to the bathroom and there was a lizard inside the toilet. He screamed and maybe flushed it? I'm not sure, I'll have to check with him. Lizards show up in strange places in our house. And fall from the sky.

The Truth is- Last week I had a dream that I was eating a PB&J with Ellen Degeneres and I asked her why we were friends. She said it was because I had been on the cover of People magazine 4 times. Sure enough on her wall she had all the covers of People Magazine and I was on 4 of them. 2 pre-Preston, 2 post-Preston. She said I was a good "puff piece" and a "feel good human interest story". I just remember standing there looking at my covers thinking "wow. I can so use this for Confession Wed. If I didn't know I was on People Magazine 4 times I bet no one else knows!". This dream has led me to believe I spend a little too much time thinking about what I'm going to use as a confession.

The Truth is- I hate filling up the salt shaker. Not because it's messy, and spills everywhere making you feel like your walking on sand. But becuase after I fill it I look at it and think...wow...we used A LOT of salt. Then I feel guilty. Then I step in salt and forget about feeling guilty.

4 comments:

Krissa said...

and this is why wednesdays are my favorite!

HAHAHA...wow...love your dream with Ellen...that is awesome! so vivid and such detail...haha...

do you still find lizards places??? that is funny...we dont find them that often...if anything they are on the walls outside. (confession: my dad HATES lizards) haha...

Jen said...

i love wednesdays too! I love that you think of so many random things and love that you are dreaming about it! and i love the random things you come up with! truth is wednesday is brilliant jess!

David and Natalie Reheis said...

oh my gosh!!1 i love you so much

Anonymous said...

Syrup totally belongs in the pantry! At least that's where it was growing up. I keep bread and brown sugar in the fridge... I think that's normal, though.

* Dreams that night about working at Target * --hilarious!!!