Wednesday, July 14, 2010



The Truth is- my family has some special lingo, or phrases that we use. Sometimes I use these around other people and then think "oh gosh they probably think I'm crazy...." They include the words/phrases: "I'm sweating like a hot pig on cheese" (to be used when your really really hot), "Butsmacker" (which is more of an insult then an anything else), "It's an Obama miracle" (Patrick brought this phrase home from a client at work after Obama won, and now we just use it when amazing things happen), "It's all political" (my mom use to say this alllll the time when it came to things like The Academy Awards or Miss America contests. Now we just say it for whenever), "This is why we don't have nice things" (you have to say this after anyone drops anything no matter how big or small). I know there are more, but they all seem so normal to me now that I can't think of them.

The Truth is- every time I eat Cheerio's I feel the need to look into every spoonful and make suer there are not tiny shrunken people swimming around in it just like in Honey I shrunk the Kids. Every single time.

The Truth is- my turtle eats worms. I know, how very carnivorous of her. Many years ago I was getting a worm ready to feed to the turtle, and I don't much care for worms and the way they feel. So i washed it, held it in my hand and then ran around the corner to fling it into her cage. Only problem is I was running with my eyes half closed so i didn't have to see I was holding a worm and ran straight into a bookcase. Had a big bruise on my head after that little stunt. I still don't like feeding her worms, but at least I keep my eyes open now when I take them to her cage.

The Truth is- My Phantom of the Opera music box is haunted. Possibly by the Phantom of the Opera himself. All I know is that on SEVERAL different occasions now I've been in the other room, and it will have been DAYS, even WEEKS since it had been wound (its the barrel monkey playing the symbols sitting on top of a box) and it will play. Sometimes it plays whole stanzas of music, other times it will just play one note over and over. Yeah it creeps me out.

2 comments:

Krissa said...

haha....those are funny...i havent heard some of those...i have heard obama miracle...haha...i do know i have heard some and im like WHAT?!?!? haha...i love it though!

haha...oh honey i shrunk the kids...classic movie!

and eww...worms! bleck!

and too i think your music box is haunted...haha...just kidding.. :)that would be super creepy to randomly hear though!

David and Natalie Reheis said...

HAHAHAHAHHAHA

I seriously die a little very time I read these!

Phantom and Cheerios. Oh I love them!