Wednesday, July 21, 2010


The Truth is- Today feels like I'm living in that children's book "Alexander and the Terrible Horrible No Good Very Bad Day". Been up with Preston since 3am because he's sick. Took him to the doctor, stressed about stuff thats going on, spilled water down the front and back of my pants in public so it looks like i wet myself, couldn't change into what i wanted b/c it was dirty. Ah. Tomorrow will be better.

The Truth is- Sometimes people use certain words that use drive me crazy! Like when people say "for cereal?" instead of "for real?". Clever. Or redonkulous instead of ridiculous. I don't get it. And I don't see the humor in it. Don't even get me started on when people say impordant instead of imporTant.

The Truth is- Facebook has recommended some very strange things lately. For example, the other day they recommended I become a fan of Vin Diesel. Why? Because people who like Twilight: The Saga also like Vin Diesel. Well not this person. Then they recommend I like reading because people who like Lost like reading. It's just head scratching. And don't even get me started on when they recommend that I "reconnect" with Patrick Reynolds and drop him a line to see what he's been up to.

The Truth is- Sometimes when birds fly close to the car when I'm driving I tend to close my eyes. I don't want to see if a bird hits the car! I do realize it is kind of dangerous. but I figure it's kind of like sneezing when you drive, you have to close your eyes for a millisecond, same thing!

The Truth is- One year when it was just Andrew and I at home for Thanksgiving we came home to a bird in the house. We had accidently left the sliding door open, and it came in. Must have been a condor, it was HUGE! Ok, it was probably a sparrow. No, at least the size of a crow. It was flying around knocking pictures off the wall, pooping on other pictures. There was a lot of screaming going on. From both of us. And from the bird. And then pot's and pan's were brought out so we could try to shoo it out and then some sort of Thanksgiving miracle happened and it flew out the front door.

3 comments:

Krissa said...

I am sorry about your bad day! so not fun!!! I didnt realize it was spilt on your pants and in public...that makes it way worse!!!! sorry :(

I like your recommedations. I have started paying attention to mine. haha. Also tells me to reconnect with people i talk to everyday. i think i shall start messaging them when it says that. haha

ok so when birds come at my car window...i tend to like move my head and duck...like its coming at me...im stupid. i know there is a window. its only natural for me to bob and weave.

i may have said redonkulous in front of you...if so...sorry. haha...

love your truths!!!! always do!

Jen said...

i love the you and andrew screamed! i wish i could have seen that!!

David and Natalie Reheis said...

hahahahhaha