Monday, August 31, 2009

Boy VS. Girl......

**UPDATED 9/1/09**
OK, the time has come. Next Wed. (9/9/09) at 4pm we have our sonogram to determine the size/weight, and most important the sex of our baby!!!

So I want to know what everyone out there thinks we're going to have. And just so everyone knows everything, I'll post some important details regarding the baby and the pregnancy. That way all guesses will be educated ;D

Here goes:


CRAVINGS
Hot Pockets
Mustard
Tostinos Pizza
Fruit
Cereal


KEEP THAT AWAY FROM ME!

Chicken
Fruity Gum
Cranberry Juice
Popcorn (only the microwave kind though....)
Cookies/most desserts



Other important facts-

* I've had 3-4 dreams that we're having a girl. She's looked different in every dream, but still, a girl is a girl!

* Patrick has had several dreams we're having a boy.

*My morning sickness was purely afternoon based, 2-7pm from week 4-about week 14

*My Aunt Carla who has accurately predicted the gender the last 3 or 4 babies born in our family believes we're having a girl. With a track record that good who could doubt her?!

*At Girls Night last week we did the "ring game" where you put a ring on a string/necklace and hold it above your hand. According to the ring I'll have 3 kids. 1st one a girl, the next two boys. It should be noted that the 3 girls there who already have babies did the ring test and it predicted their 1st kids accurately (Natalie- girl, Suzi- boy, Samantha- boy).

* The Chinese calendar says we'll have a girl. The Chinese calendar is around 94% accurate according to online reports.

* The baby's heart rate is about 180/bpm. The old wives tale states that higher heart rates indicate a girl.

*(update) I had a dream last night that we were having the ultrasound and the technican said we would have a girl. But then later in the exam, said Oh, I was wrong, its a boy. And I was really really happy about that. And since that dream I can't help but think about if it would be like, and it seems really fun.

*(update) Someone at work today said I was carrying low, which she said makes her think I'll have a boy. Someday I'll have to post a picture to get a second opinion.

So there you have it! You've got plenty of time to think it over and make correct predictions.
If you must know, I think we'll have a girl. Patrick predicts a boy. But does it really matter?!!!

13 comments:

Chelsea Diane said...

Hmmm I'm gonna go with a girl... Either way the baby is going to be sooo cute!!!!

Anonymous said...

Girl!

Eliott said...

As much as I'd like to kick around a little red-headed boy, I'm thinking it's a girl.

Jessie said...

I vote girl!

Jen said...

i say girl! (think of the fun!!)

Krissa said...

You already know my thoughts....I am gunning for a girl for you...but either way its going to be a dang cute girl!!!!!
Can't wait to start planning the shower!!!

Bonnie said...

GIRL!! They really are FUN!! I never really guessed to well on any of my own children though. With Coop I KNEW I was having a GIRL-I KNEW IT- until the 7th month when I had a dream and saw a chubby lil blond hair boy with chubby cheeks running away from me down the primary hallway. I awoke and instantly KNEW that was my son and when he was born and as he grew with his blond hair & chubby cheeks I wasn't surprised as I chased him all over. So no matter what you think you are having even if your heart is set on a certain sex when the baby gets here you have so much love it just doesn't even matter what it is.

Unknown said...

I'm going against the odds and voting boy.

Bree said...

I think it's gonna be a boy... sorry Jess. Either way who cares it's a baby and it's gonna be tons of fun!

Samantha said...

I really, really want you to have a girl so Ethan can marry her:) So I'm going to be optimistic and say GIRL!!!!

LeVander Family said...

I was right with all my predictions on my babies until this last one, i thought another boy and it's a GIRL!
I'm exited for you either way, i still have all the stuff you bought me for my little guy who is now 4 if you can believe it!
Email me so I can add you to my blog darah_deets@yahoo.com

David and Natalie Reheis said...

I've thought it was a girl since I very first found out. And also, I painted Rylie's room this weekend and I thought, "Jessica would love this room for her little girl." So I'm already thinking about her being here. If it's a boy though, then sorry Samantha, but Rylie and him could get married. So either way, I'm happy. :)

David and Natalie Reheis said...

It's 4:35 right now and I am just dying to know!!!