Sunday, August 23, 2009

So while you were doing THAT, I was doing THIS...

My Weekend....

Friday was Jimmy's birthday, so we had a little family party/dinner for him. Being the strong lover of corn dogs that he is, I decided that I would put some of my recent food network knowledge to use and make homemade corn dogs (thank you Rachel Ray). They turned out pretty good! They were a little spicy...might have something to do with the cumin, franks red hot sauce, and Cayenne pepper that was in the batter. But everyone seemed to like them! Everyone except the unborn child inside of me. But unless it end is "hot pocket" she/he hasn't liked much this week.

Saturday after watching a solid hour of Platinum Weddings with Patrick I took The Kids to go see a movie, Aliens in the Attic, and then to McDonalds for some good ole' fashioned fun and french fries. Oh how I love french fries...
Andrew got Jimmy tickets to the Cardinals pre-season game Saturday night, and since they are huge Cardinals fans they wanted to go all out, and that included face painting. John helped Andrew and then Patrick and I went to work on Jimmy. This was the result, which I think turned out pretty good!!


Later that day/evening I had a girls night (Krissa, Amanda, Natalie, Samantha, Suzi and the babies). SO MUCH FUN. I love those girls! We laughed a whole lot. Oh and there were snacks! Cant wait for the next one in which we might maybe may watch The Hannah Montana movie. And of course eat more. I think its noteworthy to include that I stayed up until about 11:30pm that night. That is a HUGE deal!!! I go to bed at 8, mayyyyybe 9 on the weekends. But it was so worth it. Especially when I learned how afraid of the dark Natalie is...... :D


Sunday was church and naps and eating and of course spending time with this guy:

Sorry Patrick...its the first picture of you that I found on my phone. Although you beard does look pretty good in this picture....Dunno why your nose is so red though!

Good weekend, went too fast of course, but this week is going to be great. Birthday parties, swimming, date night, shopping. It'll be great.

3 comments:

Diane Arnett Gardiner said...

you are brave to be makin' corn dogs!

Krissa said...

Haha....the funny thing is I just say that episode of Rachel Ray making those corndogs...They looked good...(you should put that on Oh Snaps)...and I had so much fun Saturday I can't wait till next time and I am so proud you stayed up so late. You are a trooper!!!

David and Natalie Reheis said...

Yummy corndogs!! Happy birthday Jimmy! P.S. I have no clue what you're talking about with the whole "Natalie is scared of the dark thing" :)