Tuesday, July 23, 2013

A little post on our little baby



I realize I haven't posted very much about this pregnancy.
Thats because it's HARD.
And I'm not good at pretending like it's not.
People ask me how I am & I would love to lie and pretend like all is well & be happy & glowy, but the truth is this has been a really really physically hard 7 months for me.

But it's almost done, and then I will have another sweet little boy to cuddle and kiss and raise. And I can't wait for that. 
SO.
As of right now....

*Our final baby (yes, this is our last) will be named Lucas Leo Reynolds. Lucas is a name we had picked out way back when we got married (ok, maybe I brought it up on our first date), and Leo is a name we just like.

*As of yesterday he weighs 3lbs 2 oz. Normal for this stage is abouit 2.9lbs, so he is a little bigger then average, but then again we have huge babies (PP was 8.3 at 37 wks and JJ was 9.8 at 39 wks) so they say LL will be right up there with them.

*I am currently 28wks 2days pregnant and just entered the 3rd trimester. 

*Lucas' birthday is currently scheduled for Oct. 8th (time TBD) since we have C-Sections we get to schedule them early. My actual due date is Oct. 13th. Which means I have 11 weeks left!

*I've gained 8lbs so far. it probably would be a lot more if i didnt throw up at least 1x a day. Oh yes. I still have morning sickness. Throwing up once a day is a GOOD day. And the good days are far and few between.

*I have done NOTHING so far to get ready for this baby. And i feel awful about that. But after wedding stuff is done this weekend getting ready for Lucas will be my only project. And for that I'm grateful.

*The boys have no idea what they are in for.... Preston kind of understands a baby is coming to live with us thanks to his cousin Lyla being born, but Jaxton is in for a shock. Which makes me kind of sad. He's still a baby to me even though he will be 2 in November. But I remember being worried about Preston when we brought Jaxton home and that turned out just fine. 

*He looks like Jaxton. We've had a lot of ultrasounds with Lucas b/c they thought my Placenta Previa was turning into a Placenta Accreta (that would not have been fun...) but it didn't (whew.) Yesterday was our final one and man this kid is going to be adorable!! The tech showed us that he has a lot of hair already- which will be fun for a little bit even if it all falls out. He has the Roberts nose, so he will look just like his brothers. He has long legs already & long feet. He was moving his eyes around in their sockets which was creepy, but good. He's just really cute.
Not that I was worried he wouldn't be. 

2 comments:

The Gibson's said...

Very cute!!! Sorry you are feeling so lousy. Making babies is hard work!

Anonymous said...

Whenever I'm feeling super tired or crappy at all, I always think 'how will I do this with other kids to take care of!?'. But then I watch you handle it and I think that mayyybe it might be possible for me, too. I think it's okay to not have a lot of awesome-glowy things to say, you've been so busy and your energy is probably drained by lunch!! So excited for LL!!!