Friday, July 5, 2013

4th of July thru Jaxtons eyes

First, I would just like to apologize to my 2 fans who have asked me how come I don't blog anymore. The truth is, we're just boring lately! This 3rd pregnancy has been just about the hardest thing on my body I've ever gone through, so that puts a damper on doing fun things which in turn means I have nothing fun to blog about.
But we have some things coming up (like Jimmys wedding & 2 receptions!) that will be fun & we will blog about that hopefully. 


4th of July! Known around these parts as "Fireworks day"! I realized once I had taken a few pictures that they were all of Jaxton so I decided this post would be about Jaxtons view of 4th of July. Not that I love Preston any less, Jaxton just happened to be in all the action.

The day started out with the annual 4th of July pancake breakfast & parade our church always does. The night before Patrick shined up the big red car & charged it so it would be ready to cruise come parade time.
Naturally Jaxton rode shotgun like he always does and they cruised right along around the parking lot a few times. 



A little later once we were home I decided it was the right kind of day to make some caramel popcorn. Jaxton approved & helped. 



Then he spent some time dressed up like Bumblebee from Transformers. Not that he's seen Transformers or even knows who Bumblebee is, but he found the costume in a bag of hand me downs someone gave us & decided it was 4th of July appropriate.
(really Jimmy, you thought he was dressed as Mr. Incredible?!?!) 




After naps & swimming & BBQ cheeseburgers we had some cake. Some of us enjoyed it more then others. 




Then after Preston asking a hundred million times if we could do fireworks we did fireworks!
They didn't last outside very long, it was too loud for them, so they watched the rest from inside and clapped after every firework. 




They did go back out for Sparklers though! 
(please excuse the immodest diaper/underwear shots, its hot out.) 



And that was our 4th! Today the boys are suffering from what I call "4th of July hangovers". Jaxton didn't sleep well- he's a light sleeper & the booming of other peoples fireworks kept waking him up. And as for Preston, the first words out of his mouth this morning was "Is it still Fireworks day?" and when I told him no he started crying but then stopped long enough to ask "can i go drive my big red car at the church?" and when I told him no again the tears started up again. They enjoyed the day. 
Now on to our next countdown- 13 days till Utah! 

4 comments:

JIMMY said...

HEY NOW!

You can clearly see an 'i' on Jaxton's shirt and the Incredibles have an i on their suits!!!! I thought maybe incredibles 2 had new style suits. He went from a diaper outside to long sleeves and pants inside? Crank up that AC?

KeLSie ORdonEz said...

Looks like a pretty fun 4th of July :) Your boys are so dang cute!!! Jaxton looks so much like you and Andrew!I totally forgot you were pregnant again....until this post! How far along are you? Do you know what you are having? Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness you have new POSTS! I also haven't checked on anyone's blogs in awhile. I love your little boy-filled-family. Maybe I'll send Tilly over sometimes so you two can team up when you need back up.

Anonymous said...

Also, you know I'm always a fan of the underwear shots!!