Sunday, October 28, 2012

The Pumpkin Patch!

We purchased a Groupon this year to visit a pumpkin patch. It was a different one then he one we went to last year but just as enjoyable!
And while the weather has been cooling off the past few weeks it warmed right back up again just in time for our outing. 

First thing we did was the pony ride. I didn't think that Preston would want to do it since he's never ridden a horse before, but I was wrong, he was all over the idea. Probably because he's very into Toy Story and wanted to ride a horse like Woody does. 




His horse's name was Ruby & had red hair just like Preston.
 


Such a pro!! 

Jaxton hung out and watched all the action. For some reason everytime we went to take a picture of him on Saturday he would put his arm up. You'll see what I mean by the end of this post. 



Next we did the barrel train ride. Or rather Preston did. Again I didn't think he would go by himself, but he was fine! I of course was the anxious mom watching thinking "do you think he's ok? do you think he's scared? Do you think it's too bumpy? Do you think he's going to try to get out?" But he was GREAT! I can't imagine what type of wreck I'll be when he has to go to school or something! 


I showed him where we would be watching him and as soon as he turned the corner he waved and yelled Hi to us. 





After that Jaxton was done with sitting in the stroller watching all the fun so we went on a hayride to the petting zoo. 



And lastly the hayride dropped us off at the pumpkin patch. The boys had fun crawling all over the hay, and I only had to tell Preston 3 times to not throw pumpkins, so that's good! 

See what I mean about the hand raising?!? 


We tried to get a picture of the two boys both looking at the camera smiling but it was a lost cause.  



And with a little begging I got Preston to take a few pictures with me. 


Fun times! We've been to a different Pumpkin Patch every year since having Preston so we're becoming Pumpkin Patch experts. We'll have to see what next years is like! 

2 comments:

The Gibson's said...

Yeah! We enjoyed that Pumpkin Patch. Love Jaxton's shirt! And the raised arm! Okay you are CRAZY brave I was in NO way letting Ashlyn ride the barrel ride by herself. But first borns seem to be more mature then third borns! WAY TO GO PRESTON!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh I love this! Preston is getting bigger and bigger, so much fun! I think with boys you just have to let them experience 'scary' things if they really want to go, so kudos to you for being brave to let him do that!! I like Jaxton's arm raising. I secretly taught him that.