Wednesday, October 17, 2012

6 Weeks

It's been 6 weeks since I started trying to lose weight. Any day now I expect it to get easier. The eating has gotten much easier. It's the exercise part that isn't so easy. I just get BORED with it. I've been running a lot lately, and watching a show or two while I do, and that helps, but I don't feel like I'm doing enough. My dvd's are just getting old to do, so I need to figure out something.
About once a week I'll hit a wall where I just get into a funk and just feel TIRED of just trying so hard all the time. I get tired of thinking about everything I eat and if I should or shouldn't eat it or how much of it to eat. I get tired of constantly thinking "i hope this is worth it". I get tired of giving up my time to workout when I hate doing it so much. But it usually doesn't last long and I snap out of it (with some encouragement from friends & family) and I just keep trucking.
The weather has been cooling off slightly which means more walks in the morning time. I can't wait till it's really cool and we can spend our afternoons outside.
But everything is going well and moving in the right direction with my weight. As of yesterday, my 6 week mark i was down :

16 pounds


I'm beyond happy about this. I worked for this. I sweated for this. I sacrificed for this. I earned this.

And as for what else is happening around these parts:

*I have been without my iphone for a few weeks now. RIP. I hate not having a good phone. I miss taking pictures whenever I want, music, maps, apps, emoticons, fast texting, EVERYTHING. Only a few more months and I can get a new phone. Lets hope I and the 7yr old Razor phone I am currently using make it that long. This also explains my lack of blogging lately since who wants to see a post without pictures of the orange one and the dimpled one?! I know I dont!I do have a camera to use in the mean time thanks to Krissa so my boys lives wont be undocumented for a few months.

* It's almost Jaxton's birthday!!! I can't believe it. Where did the year go???? Seriously I feel like he's only 6 months old. But He's not. I'm working on his birthday party which I think will be cute. We have a chalkboard countdown going for Jax's bday and everyday when I change the number Preston tells me "It's almost Jaxton's birthday!" He'll then tell me that about 6 more times during the day. It's then followed by "It's almost my birthday!" Not quite kiddo. 

*Toy Story is always playing at our house now. It's not so bad I guess since there are 3 movies to rotate. For some reason the first time you see Buzz Lightyear in the movie Preston will always yell out "Buzz Lightyear Buzz Lightyear Buzz Lightyear!" 

Time out, Preston just came up to tell me it's almost Jaxton's birthday. See? Happens a lot. 6 might have been a wrong guess. 

*Our callings at church are going well. I'll feel relieved when the Primary Program is over. Did you know it was the job of the 2nd counselor to write it & organize it?! Neither did i! But it's been a learning process. 

*Halloween costumes are being assembled. We decided to go as a family as the characters from UP. Preston will be Russell the Boyscout, Patrick will be Mr. Fredrickson, Jaxton will be the dog Dug, and I shall be the bird Kevin. I'm pretty dang excited for it to all come together. 

*Jaxton is getting his first haircut tonight. Goodbye who-hair. I'll miss the curls. I might even cry. 

I could go on and on, but I wont. I'll take pictures of the haircut. Because lets be honest, this blog is nothing without the pictures!!!

2 comments:

Krissa said...

YAY!!!! SO proud of you!!! That is awesome!! and exercise is the hardest part... you are doing so great!!!

I am pretty excited for your Halloween costumes!!

Pretty upset at your dang iphone still... gosh... so many fails with that!!

Yay for Jaxton's birthday!!!!

Anonymous said...

16 lbs is awesome!! And not easy, I know that. While I enjoy any and all pictures of the orange one and the dimpled one, I also love Jess updates, so yay!!