Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentines Day (Part 2)

On actual Valentines Day (Tuesday) Patrick had taken off from work as well, so we decided we'd put our new zoo membership (my Valentines day gift!) to good use.

Coldest day ever.
Seriously it hasn't rained since the beginning of December and then suddenly starts raining on our way to the zoo?!? Crazy! But we were all bundled warm & still had a great day. 

Love Preston's little accidental thumbs up in this picture.
And Jaxton's super blue eyes?! Where did those come from!?!? 


Despite the cold weather it was a good day to go to the zoo. Very few people & only a few field trip groups.
Best part of the day was at the Orangutan exhibit when one of the smaller Orangutan's was totally playing with Preston. He was right up against the glass & kept staring at Preston and then was rolling round & doing silly things with him.
Probably thought Preston was his long lost brother.
See some of it HERE.

 Then there was the camel ride.
He loved it! 


For dinner we decided to get Olive Garden to go since we had a gift card from Christmas (thanks to my favorite mother in law!) And so while Patrick went to get it I got the table ready. 


Besides my zoo membership Patrick got me flowers/a teddy bear & candy (not pictured due to being in my belly).
I couldn't find any candlesticks so I had to make due with a jar of buttons.
And then we finished out the day by watching Star Wars Episode II.
(my gift to patrick was the Star Wars collection on blu ray & my extreme love for him is shown in the fact I'm actually committed to watching all 6 movies with him).

And now Valentines day is over.
Back to normal life & everyday routines & questions of WHY does Jaxton's hair stick up in back and lay flat in front?!?!?!? 



3 comments:

Krissa said...

hahaha wow... I am impressed you are watching the movies! haha...
sounds like an amazing Valentines day!
and what a useful jar of buttons!!!

Roxanne Roberts said...

Zoo membership?! That's awesome! The video is really nice. Looks like you really had a great day, even if it was super cold!

Anonymous said...

Ohhh Preston got to do a camel ride?? Sooo jealous...That first picture is perfect! Such a sweet little half ginger family. I miss those wonderful adorable hilarious boys already!!!