Wednesday, November 24, 2010



The Truth is- I eat chocolate covered peanuts the same way every time I eat them. I split it open in my mouth, move the peanut out and then one side of my mouth gets to eat just the chocolate and the other side eats the peanut. It always feels like I'm punishing one side of my mouth, or playing favorites with the side that gets the chocolate. So sometimes I'll switch which side gets what. Wouldn't want to start an uprising.

The Truth is- You know that cult classic movie The Labyrinth? I saw that movie for the first time like 2 years ago. I dunno how I can call my childhood a childhood with the absence of The Labyrinth. Preston has already watched part of it. The part where David Bowie is singing "Dance Magic Dance" holds his attention quite well. I am kind of hoping its the puppets he's captivated by and not David Bowie dressed as the Goblin King rockin a power mullet.

The Truth is- We use to have this parakeet named Sunny, and she only had 1 trick she could do. She would dance to a song. But not just any song, she would only dance to MMMBop by Hanson. She would move her head up and down and side to side when I played that song. And I played that song A LOT.

The Truth is- Patrick and I have a no "sweetheart" rule. He can't call me "sweetheart" as a term of endearment. It makes me feel old. Like really really old. I'd even prefer him calling me his shorty (but only if he pronounced it shaawwwty) then sweetheart. Maybe I'll change my mind as we grow old together.


3 comments:

Jen said...

we don't do "honey" it feels weird coming out of my mouth! and I can't imagine eliott saying it to me! we are the old couple that uses sweetheart or the young couple that uses babe!

Krissa said...

i was forced to watch The Labryinth once.... holy heck.... that movie is WEIRD!!1 I cant believe I sat through the whole thing.... crazy town!it was never a chldhood movie of mine... maybe thats why i find it so odd...

haha... who can resist MMMBop??? NO ONE!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hahaha....Shawwwty!

I say 'sweetie' and Blaine says 'babe' and that's as mushy as we'll ever get.