Wednesday, October 14, 2015

The 1st Half of October





The end of September brought sickness. MAJOR sickness. I still don't know if it was food poisoning or a stomach bug. I got it first and spent about 10 hours being miserable before Patrick joined in on the fun. Being a parent is really hard when you are sick. But thankfully the boys don't seem to mind a day of unlimited screen time and all the snacks they can handle. While Patrick and I were in the middle of it all I got a call that Preston had thrown up at school and needed to come home. Poor guy. Lucky for him he only threw up that one time and returned to school the next day. Jaxton and Lucas never got it, whatever it was, and for that I am thankful. 


 The end of September also meant it was finally time for Krissa and I to go see Wicked! We had bought these tickets back in February, so it was quite a wait. We had no idea the details of the story line, but I LOVE Broadway shows and have heard rave reviews about this one. It was great. Amazing. Wonderfully Wicked. And we had such good seats! 7th row! Naturally the next day I had to buy the soundtrack and have been listening to that daily. 




Oct 1 also means I started Whole 30. Basically its a program that doesn't focus on weight loss, but other non scale victories. It's no carbs, sugar, gluten, dairy, or processed food, just clean eating. The point of it all is to get everything out of your system by just eating the basics and then you can reintroduce things into your diet to figure out what is making you miserable. I've been having terrible stomach problems since Lucas was born. I get sick to my stomach and throw up at least 2-3 times a week. I was feeling gross and bloated all the time, tired, and I developed yet another ulcer. So I decided to try this out. I'm on day 14 and so far so good! I don't miss carbs as much as I though. I do crave sugar sometimes. I cry for Dr. Pepper. but I haven't had any stomach pain. I had a headache the first few days, and have had some moodiness (sugar withdrawls), but I'm really liking how I feel. Hopefully I can keep it up and figure out whats going on. I'd recommend it to anyone, but it is a lot of prep work. I had to make my own mayo & salad dressings and had to go to a few different stores I don't normally go to (Trader Joe's, Sprouts) to get the things I needed. But we will see what happens! 


 Jaxton had picture day at school so we spent a lot of time practicing his smile for the pictures. I have zero expectations for how they are going to turn out. Last year his 1st picture looked like a mug shot and the 2nd picture he looked like Igor from Frankenstein. So it really can't be much worse then that!

Thankfully this little injury happened after picture day. I'm still not sure what happened exactly, but it involved the refrigerator door or drawer. I don't know if he ran into it or what, all I know is one minute I'm sitting on the couch irritated (whole 30 day 3 was a doozy) and suddenly I heard a huge bang. I though they had pulled the drawer out of the fridge because Lucas has a tendency to tug that thing open but instead Jaxton started screaming and blood started oozing. We iced it with a popsicle and he was ok after that. But I think it's going to scar, so now he'll have a scar in the middle of his forehead just like all of us with chickenpox scars! 

 Lucas has been fun lately.
(post on his birthday coming later)
He has some social issues where he hates kids his own age. Older kids he loves. Adults he loves. Kids his own height he screams at. We are trying to work on exposing him to more chances to play with them, so play dates, and trips to the library and such, but I don't know if it is working. I took him to Jaxton's school for a party at the end of September and he sat in my lap with his head in my chest by the end of it clinging to me tighter when other kids would come up. I've been taking him to the day care at the gym while I work out which he HATES. I tell him we are going to the gym and he will just yell "NO GYM!" Trust me kid, I get it. But I make him go and as long as he is by himself they say he doesn't cry. If a kid comes up and heaven forbid wants to play he loses his mind. Don't worry, I always bribe him accordingly after these things. He really likes going to Circle K or QT and getting an icee or squeeze it. In fact once we are done at the gym and get in the car he will say "mommy ba-bum". This is Lucas speak for gas station. It is derived from the sound it makes at Circle K when you walk in, the dinging of the bell, ba-bum. He likes to mimic dinging noises so the whole time we are there he just says "ba-bum" over and over again.




 Preston wins the award for best school picture. So great. He has a loose tooth & I'm so not ok with that! It's not even a bottom one, it's a top one. That makes him seem so old!!!!



This past weekend we went and supported our friends who were doing the sprint triathlon. I did that race last year and have no desire to do it again, but I thought the boys would enjoy seeing what one of these things is all about. They certainly did enjoy all the free goodies they got from the vendors and bouncy house. The race they were less interested in. 

And lastly this past weekend was our primary program. They did AWESOME. They both had their parts memorized and didn't get scared or cry or anything. Preston was blowing me kisses from his seat the whole time, and everyone chuckled after he did his part because he stood there for a few seconds and just smiled so big. Jaxton doesn't sing much in Primary, but he was actually singing the songs up there! They had pretty solid parts too.

Jaxtons part- Jesus Christ is a child of God just like me. He had to come to Earth to get a body and set an example for all of us so we can be like him.
Preston's part- When we read the scriptures we read about the testimonies of the prophets about Jesus Christ. Before he was born they testified that a Savior would come to save us all and after he was born they continued to testify about him and his life. I know that President Thomas S. Monson testifies about Jesus today and that we can live with him again.

They got tons of compliments which kind of overwhelmed them, but they were gracious at accepting. Made us proud that they did so good. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Preston looks great in his picture!! Are Jaxton's pictures back yet?

We need an update on Patrick in here too. I hope Luca's birthday and Halloween posts come soon...