Wednesday, October 21, 2015

October Break

Ah October Break. The time of year when we schedule as many doctors appointments as we can to minimize missed school!

The week started off with a visit to the ENT. We have to get a 2nd opinion on Preston's ears since he's still got a hole in one eardrum that isn't healing. If we fix it he could get more ear infections and if we leave it it could get bigger. So we have an appointment to see a different ENT next month & we will go from there. 

The next day Preston had an appointment to get some cavities filled. Because he's little he had to be put out for it all. They gave him something to drink to help relax him that put his mostly to sleep. Then once he was in the chair they gave him the "laughing gas" and he was completely out. I got to sit in there with him which is both good and bad. Good that I could be with him but bad because he started throwing up (anesthesia makes him queasy, must be a redhead thing). Pretty scary to be sitting there watching him throw and and gagging and not being able to breath and just having to let the professionals do their work. 




He was pretty out of it after we were done, and threw up again in the car on our way home. He slept once we were home till about 12:30 and then was completely normal after that.


I told him that because of those two days of appointments we could do something fun, so Wednesday we went to The Phoenix Childrens Museum. It wasn't too crowded. Lots of families since it was October Break, but no field trip groups which is so nice. As soon as we got there (35 min one way) I realized I didn't have my debit card with us. UGHHH. Lucky I found a way around it by buying the tickets online and they were able to look them up. And I thought memorizing my debit card number would never pay off!
Matching shirts for them was brilliant. That way I only had to look for one color when they were out and about instead of trying to remember who was wearing what. 


I wish these magnetic connecting shapes weren't so expensive because I would love to have them here for the boys to play with. 

My boys are so different in personality. Preston is very anxious when we go somewhere, likes to know where I am at all times and doesn't like to wander too far. Jaxton on the other hand will just go off and be fine by himself. 






Making me a delicious pizza. 





Car wash is always a popular spot. 




The next day Lucas had his 2 year well check and we were all going to get flu shots, but that didn't work out so instead we went to the Gilbert temple and walked around and looked at all the pretty flowers. 


We all worked on homework together too. 


And then to conclude our October Break trip on Saturday we traveled down to Tucson to celebrate Patrick's dad's birthday. My boys do not travel well. This was a dress rehersal for our Utah trip. They did great. We hooked up the dvd player and they watched some movies, had some snacks The only hiccup was as soon as we pulled up to the house in Tucson Lucas threw up all over. The last 5 minutes of that trip are really windy/lots of dips, even I was feeling a bit car sick over it all. He was completely fine after that, and on our way home. I have high hopes for the Utah trip. 



We were pretty busy over the break, and it was nice to get back to our regular routine.
Although now we are in our busy season with birthdays, holidays, more birthdays and so on. But that just means more blog posts!

No comments: