Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Just another Manic Monday

Sometimes I get texts from my #1 blog fan Jimmy that look like this:
"Jess. You haven't updated your blog in awhile."
"Jess. Blog."
"Jesssss"

And I try to tell him that nothing big is going on in my life that is blog worthy and this post is proof!
This was my Monday.

4:40- wake up and go to the gym for my Mon/Wed/Fri 5:15 body pump class. 


Every Monday after class I go grocery shopping. I love it. I use to hate grocery shopping but I've discovered going at 6:30 on a Monday morning is wonderful. Best part is that they always have flowers on clearance! $2.50 for a nice bouquet is great. Other fun tips for the grocery store: buy frozen chopped onions instead of regular onions to chop. Or buy frozen chopped bell peppers when bell peppers aren't on sale.
So then I came home and unloaded the groceries and put them away then got Lucas up and dressed (b/c im lucky to have a baby who sleeps from 730-730) and we were off to the next thing. 


Lucas had his 15 month checkup!
He's so great. He's close to 27 pounds, I can't remember how tall, just that it's in the 80% and his head circumference is still 99%, but hey thats less then what it was- 103% 




Look how cute he is!! The doctor is very pleased with his progress and how smart he is. He really is smart. He babbles all the time and just copies everything anyone says. So he got 1 shot which he handled like a champ and then we were off to the next thing. 


We had a little time in between appointments so we came home & I put some laundry in, changed out of my gym clothes and into normal clothes and washed dishes- since the dishwasher is broken and probably not getting replaced soon. Good thing I have so much dish washing experience! Organized the pantry since I put the groceries away in such a hurry that morning.
Then Preston got ready for school and we took off for his ENT appointment.
Got his ears checked & one of his tubes is out and there is a big hole in his eardrum and the other is out and has healed but there is fluid behind the eardrum- which is why we had to get the tubes done in the first place. So we have to wait a few weeks and see what the fluid does. If it stays then we have to have a tube put back in that ear and leave the hole in the other. If it goes away then we will have to have a procedure to patch the hole in the eardrum. And then we are considering having his tonsils and adnoids removed due to his snoring/allergies/breathing. 


Then I took him to get a "fun lunch" at Sonic before school.
Dropped him off at school and then came home to do the next thing. 


Had about an hour so I switched out the laundry, hung out with the boys and Patrick for a few minutes, had some lunch and then brushed my teeth a few times before going to the dentist. 



Good news for me, no cavities!! 
Came home, had a chat with my favorite Texan & then started dinner!
Cleaned up dinner, folded the laundry, took care of some boys, put a baby to bed, went for a run, showered, hung out with the boys more and that was it.

So you see, normal boring busy day that makes for a normal boring blog post. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

A busy and mundane, but beneficial and important day! I just try and stay awake till 9pm and call it a good busy day.