Thursday, December 11, 2014

A trip to the Phoenix Childrens Museum

Wednesdays is the day when we can go do something fun. Usually the boys insist on going to the library or having a "fun lunch" (aka McDonalds) or something like that. If Preston had his way we would go to the Phoenix Childrens Museum every week, but he knows that thats a place where we need a mommy and a daddy to go. But this week I was feeling brave, and we had a Groupon that expired by the end of the week and I decided to surprise them and take them on my own.
As soon as we pulled into the parking lot Preston knew where we were and there was quite a bit of excitement. 





They love love love the giant tree house and would spend hours playing in there if I let them. It makes me so nervous to have them go off on their own but it's good for all of us for them to do it. 



Every time we go there is a different display that is their favorite. This time Jaxton loved the Eagle fan. 


This isnt a great picture but it made me laugh b/c I posed them all standing and then of course Lucas escaped but as soon as I said "say cheese" he froze and smiled at me! 




Jaxton, always the architect. 




They really really loved playing outside on the playground. Usually when we go it's too hot to play, but this time it was perfect. There were long tunnel/tubes for them to crawls around on and they were in heaven. 


Seriously, has Jaxton ever been happier?! 



Jaxton's learned how to pedal a trike from school, but the ones here were just too long for him and he couldn't get the hang of it. 





I could not be more happy with how they behaved there. They listened and obeyed and didn't throw fits (except 1 from jaxton when it was time to go home) and it was a really fun time. I'm glad I decided to be brave and take them. First thing they asked when they got up this morning was if we could go back. So i'm sure we will visit again soon! 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Doesn't even look very crowded! Or did you wait till most kids were out of the way for the pictures? Did they do a train down the slide??