Tuesday, October 1, 2013

A random update before Lucas

 6 days until Lucas is here!!! And since I'll be stuck upstairs for a few weeks I figured I better do some sort of update. But its a random update. Random pictures, random adventures. Random. 


Brushing teeth after a bath one night. The boys both stand on the same stool to do this but with another boy joining us soon we're gonna need a bigger stool! Sad thing about this picture is that right after I took it Jaxtons towel fell completely off (hilarious) and then Preston fell off the stool and scraped & bruised his right thigh & hip. Brushing teeth is dangerous. 

Jimmy came to visit for a few days at the beginning of the month and I took zero pictures of that. The only picture I have from around the time of his visit is this one where I showed him how the backyard was flooded from the non stop rain that day. The rain delayed his flight and everything. Naturally it hasn't rained a drop since that day. 

Preston has been asking a lot of questions regarding Lucas's birth. We told him they were going to get Lucas out of my belly & he said "How?" our reply was "with special tools". We explained that Mommy will have an owie so we will have to be careful with her & he grew quite concerned asking "is it going to hurt? Will you get a bandaid?" We told him that yes it will hurt but they will give me medicine and I'll get better. And then when I told him that once baby Lucas is here mommy wont be sick and throw up anymore he started clapping & smiling. And of course that's the thing he remembers & tells people, like the random person at Costco the other day who asked when I was due & then got to hear that once baby Lucas is here Mommy wont throw up anymore. 


 Fun times dressing up at Target! 


Jaxton thought he was sooooooooooo clever running and finding my soda after I hid it when I went to the bathroom one day. 


Ah nesting. Everything with this pregnancy has been worse then all the others. Everything. And that includes nesting. Instead of doing my regular chores I'll spend the day vacuuming out the kitchen cupboards. But here are some things I've accomplished! 
I started our frame wall in the living room back in Jan/Feb. and I finally now finished putting pictures in the frames. I love it. And I already know where we'll put an extra frame for Lucas's picture this year. 






All of the Newborn/0-3 month clothes are washed & hung up. I'm a clothes hoarder. In fact I'm pretty sure Lucas could go the first 3 months of his life without wearing the same thing twice. 

After much thought I decided to move Preston into his own room. He is a deep sleeper and Jaxton is a light sleeper. Preston likes to sleep with the door open and Jaxton has to have it closed or else he thinks its time to get up, which at 3am it is NOT. So I made some space in the craft/study room for Preston. He loves having his own room. We bought him new bedding for his big boy bed to entice him to stay in there all night & not climb into bed with me, and since he's been in there he hasn't slept in my room once! The white closet/dresser thing we got for free from someone we bought some nightstands for. I LOVE free! Its great for him too, he can reach everything and loves to get out & put away his own clothes. 




The pantry. Clean and organized, just how I like it. 


My final To do list before this baby comes! Of course I've added more things to it now (like blog!) but haven't had much success in crossing anything off yet. 

And my room is all clean and ready for baby! 


This face we call his "birthday face". If you mention it being anyones birthday you get this kind of face from him! 

Prestons been wanting to be more independent lately & enjoys making his own lunch. Even better is that if he makes his own lunch he is more likely to eat all of his lunch. 


 We had  a few days last week were it was in the 80's and we LOVED it!!!
We had a picnic outside for our dinner one night to enjoy it. 


Preston wanted to look at the clouds and kept asking me what I saw in them. 



Jaxton wanted me to draw stars and then would try to draw his own.

And then the next day it was even cooler out and we went to the park!! It was a long hot summer without any park visits so we had a good time. 




And finally in Prestons room he has a blank wall where we hang up all of his work from school so he can enjoy it and review it. So far this year this is what he's brought home!
They had a month of talking about colors and last month was the ocean. This month is Monsters/Halloween and I can't wait to see what he brings home! 


And thats it! 6 days till Lucas! Next time I update it will be full of pictures of a chubby cheeked baby and I can't wait! 

2 comments:

The Gibson's said...

Preston's comment about you being sick is the best. Love little kids!!! Can't wait for your LL to get here!1!

Anonymous said...


I love the birthday face! And the towel picture is completely adorable. How fun for Preston to get his own room!!!