Saturday, November 24, 2012

Thanksgiving

Oh Thanksgiving. You are my favorite holiday EVER. None of that "i hope they like the gift I got them" pressure and guilt free eating. Preston has been counting down the days till Jimmy and Andrew got home for Thanksgiving break. He would tell me about 10 times a day "it almost time jimmy andrew come home". I don't know what he's going to do when they leave tomorrow :( 





Thanksgiving day itself was beautiful out. We decided that we would sit outside to eat since it's lovely out there and everyone could fit on the porch.
Our menu this year included:
Turkey (which we were out of by Friday afternoon! No more turkey sandwiches! I could cry)
Mashed potatoes/gravy
Stuffing
Potato Casserole (family fav)
Rolls
Macaroni Salad
Deviled Eggs
Green Bean Casserole (with fresh green beans, not canned. YUM.)
Pistachio Salad
I think thats it!! It was all so very very good. 




After our meal we had a fun game of touch football. I'm still not sure which team won, but Andrew sure it was his team. I'm not so sure about that. 
Then on Black Friday we did some things together as a family like cleaning out our family storage unit & then going to visit some family that was in town.
We love having Jimmy and Andrew home. Hopefully they will be home again soon. 



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the photos! You guys obviously had a great day, I'm so so glad! And I hope clearing out the storage unit went okay.

Rebecca said...

Looks like so much fun! And Allie has the same shirt as Preston - I know it's a boy's shirt but she was so obsessed with Toy Story that I had to buy it.