Monday, November 12, 2012

Jaxton's official 1 year post



Ok I promise I won't make this too long since most people skip over these kinds of posts, but I need to record some of this stuff for me, and for Jaxton's records! 

Weight: 20.2 lbs - 15%
Length: 30''- 55% (The doctor and I both think he was measured incorrectly because the kid is LONG. Like really long.
Head: 46.75 cm- 60%


At ONE YEAR Jaxton: 

Is a phenomenal eater. Everyone who hears that is doubtful since he is so thin, but he is! He eats everything except cheese. I know. ODD. He does like Mac & cheese, but not grilled cheese, string cheese, and cheese on noodles and such. And lately he has been not liking peanut butter. Seriously kid?!? I don't know what his favorite food would be since he will try and eat anything. And when I say he eats a ton, this is what a typical day looks like: Breakfast- rice cereal mixed with a container of yogurt, then something like a waffle, toast, an egg, or nutrigrain bar, sippy cup full of milk. Lunch- a sandwich of some sort, pudding or applesauce, fruit of some kind, sippy cup full of milk. Dinner- Whatever we are eating he will eat. Potatoes, fajitas, pork, spaghetti, whatever it is, he eats it. And then of course a sippy of milk. Plus add in snacks of animal crackers, graham crackers, saltine crackers throughout the day. My boys will eat me out of the house when they are teenagers. 

Does not walk. He does finally crawl with his belly off the ground, thank goodness since he was ruining all his clothes dragging his belly across the floor all day. He has also lately been crawling on his feet and hands like a monkey would. 

He doesn't talk much. Or at all really. He's said Da da a few times, and will if prompted, but thats it. He can however make great monkey noises! 

Sleeps from 7:30-7. I love him for this. 

Still uses a pacifier and I have no plans to take it away just yet. Maybe someday when I get brave. He is off formula completely and off bottles too. He's growing up! 

He has 8 teeth in right now. 6 all the way in, and 2 more that have broken the surface and are halfway down.

I've decided he has the disposition of a first born or only child. Sad for him that he is 2nd. He has not been the sweetest boy to be around since turning one. He is whiny  fussy, crying, wants to be held all the time and get all the attention. I try to blame it on teething, shots, being tired, hungry, but I think that it's just his personality right now. PLEASE let it change. I think once he can communicate with us it will help things. 

Is obsessed with Preston. He adores him and tries so hard to keep up with him. 

I'm really excited to see what this year brings fro Jaxton. He'll be walking and talking before we know it and it makes me laugh to think of him Preston's age being bossy & sassy. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Umm, who would skip over this kind of post?!?! I LOVE these posts!

Anonymous said...

PS I love this picture! Preston's smile is priceless!