Wednesday, March 21, 2012

March March March March


March has been a fun month for us so far. Lots of fun things have happened and lots more will happen. Like Andrew coming home in 8 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

We started off the month with a trip to the Renaissance Festival. It was a really nice day out and no bee's this year! We ate WAY too much. Preston really enjoyed himself, and loved to look at everything. He especially enjoyed the Fire Whip show and asks daily to see the "lip" (whips). 



There was this really weird creature there. I thought Preston would be scared of it, but he wasn't. He thought it was soft. Even now he gets excited seeing this picture and calls it a dinosaur. Sure, it's a dinosaur. 


We rode an elephant, which was great. 

Oh and remember how I mentioned we ate a lot? That means Preston too. Even though he's mostly vegetarian he LOVES turkey legs. He asked for turkey all day, and I fed it to him all day. 



Also in March we got a much too short visit from our favorite Texans and got to meet some German relatives. Both my boys loved them all.
By the way Carla, Preston is sitting her while I type all this and I keep trying to have him say Carla but he keeps looking at the picture of the turkey so he gets distracted and calls you Car-Key! 





Easter is coming up, but I've made promises not to dress anyone up like a bunny this year.
So I made sure to snap these pictures really quick at Target the other day. 




 Our boys are TERRIBLE at waking up after naps. It's the worst time of the day when Preston gets up and is super whiny and crying and when Jaxton joins in it's extra fun! Doesn't help things that Preston is ULTRA sensitive when it comes to loud noises and if someone screams or cries at him/near him he cries buckets. 



Remember how I said Jaxton has super sensitive reactive skin??? This is an example of what happens when I give him a bath using Dove Sensitive skin body wash & use 0 lotion. Lucky for him the cream the doctor gave us helps a lot and we've found a body wash that works with him. 


But he has started on solids!!! He hates it. How is it possible I have a child who doesn't like to eat?!?!?! Blows my mind. Preston was a natural when it came to spoon feeding. Jaxton is not as great...but is learning! He is not a fan of plain rice cereal, but liked bananas. Tomorrow he can try a new food & i'm thinking it will be carrots, so we'll see how he does. 




Eating rice cereal is just torture for him. 




We tried potty training with Preston at the beginning of the month. Honestly it didn't go so bad! If I would put him in the bathroom every hour he would go (with little to no accidents during the day) but if I didn't remind him to go he would just pee wherever. He wasn't picking up on the "i need to pee" feeling & communicating when he needed to go, so for now we just go in the bathroom every once in awhile & we'll try it again in a few months when he's older.
He's seriously crazy right now.
I don't know how many times a day I have to say things like "No no Preston, we don't lick the ground", "Jaxton is not a chair.", "Get your hands out of your pants/nose/diaper." "We don't put corn in our nose". But that's ok.
 That is some serious redhead bedhead. 


St. Patricks day was fun this year. We didn't even mention pinching b/c I'm pretty sure Preston would then go around pinching everyone. But we wore our green! John/Rox/Noah came over that night and we had a surprisingly delicious dinner of Corned beef & cabbage w/ boiled potatoes & a seriously yummy brownie oreo cheesecake Rox made.  Sadly this is the only picture I took of us this day. We could all use a brush...


This was before church on Sunday. They were matching & I thought it would be a great photo opportunity, but Preston thought otherwise. 



 And lastly a few weeks ago when I was at the gym someone broke into my car and stole my purse. JERKS. Sad for them there really wasn't much in there except an extra toothbrush, some expired debit cards, library cards, a CC (which I canceled like 10 min after the theft happened) and a $25 Visa Gift Card. (SAD).
I know I know, I shouldn't have left my purse in the car. Don't worry, I feel terrible about it, unlike the gym who made sure to tell me about 5 times that they aren't responsible for it & there is nothing they can do. 

Before & After pictures! 

And lastly, March brought with it a new/used family car for us! Hoorah! We've been saving for awhile and finally found something that fit our needs. We needed something bigger for when we expand our family (NO, this is NOT an announcement of any kind). It's an 06 Chrysler Pacifica. It's ok if you haven't heard of it, I hadn't ether until we went to look at it.
She's a beauty. 


I LOVE the seating inside. The 2 front seats in back are bucket seats like a mini van and then the back row is 2 seats that each can fold down separately. It's got a lot of little things we love about it, like back row AC, which the boys will need this Summer. So we're pretty happy with it. Pretty sure we need to take a road trip now to break it in! 



3 comments:

David and Natalie Reheis said...

I love March! I really love the inside of your new car!! Seriously perfect!

Anonymous said...

I was wondering if Jax would wear the Paddy shirt! Love it! I have a feeling that when Preston is in the mood to be potty trained, he's just gonna start doing it! What a fun life with your boys!

Samantha said...

Wow, you had a super busy month! No fun about your purse being stolen, but yea! for a new car!! Can't wait till we can get another one:)