Thursday, March 8, 2012

Jaxton at 4 Months!

I know I'm a little late at posting this info, but

JAXTON IS 4 MONTHS OLD!!!
Crazy how fast time is going.
I love this stage. He's still a baby & I don't have to worry about him getting into things, but he is developing a personality.

At his 4 month appointments his stats were:

Weight: 14.5lbs (50%)
Length: 26'' (90%)
H.C 43" (75%)

He's taller then Preston was at this age, about the same weight with a smaller head
He is definitely finding his voice, which at this point sounds like a baby velocoraptor. 
He eats about 6-7oz every 4 hrs and we'll be starting him on solids in the next few days.
He has extremely sensitive skin, and breaks out with most lotions/body washes we use, so the doctor gave us some hydrocortizone cream for him & cautioned us that he could have other allergies, so we have to take the solid foods slow and wait about a week between introducing new foods. 

He rolls all the time from his stomach to back and gets about halfway from his back to stomach.
He also thinks he wants to crawl & will try to army crawl.

He sleeps from about 10pm-6:30/7am. He sometimes wakes up once a night and will need a pacifier or to be re-swaddled, but I've learned to be ok with this.
He will take a small nap from about 8:30-9:30 & then a big nap from about 11:30-2:30 and from 4:30-6ish and a small cat nap later in the evening.

He is constantly trying to fit his entire fist in his mouth. The doctor said that combined with his drooling could mean he'll start teething soon, but I think he's just a baby & thats what babies do.

He's super long, so he is in size 3-6 (mostly 6) month clothes, but they are starting to get snug when I snap them, and in 3mo pants. 

His hair color is still a mystery. It's for sure much lighter then it was at birth, but his eyebrows are darkening up. Somedays it looks blondish, some brown, some reddish, so we'll just have to wait and see. I do think his eyes will stay blue though (YAY!!). Oh and he has the cutest double dimples. I'm so in love with his cute smiley face. 

Everyone said that since Preston was such a good baby that my next one would be wild/crazy but that could not be farther from the truth. If anything Jaxton is more calm & chill then Preston was. We just have great kids! 

He's started spending some time in the Entertainer...
At first he wasn't sure... 

But then he loved it. Preston of course loves spinning him around & then will ask Jaxton is he is dizzy. 

I know this picture is blurry, but oh my cuteness!!!!




 And just for comparison, here is what Preston looked like when he was 4 months.
Definitely a brotherly resemblance!! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahh! (how many of my comments start that way with your kids? Answer: A lot.) I love that baby boy. He's at such a fun, perfect baby stage right now-- so much fun!! You guys are kind of meant for each other I think.

David and Natalie Reheis said...

I love your boys. We need a play date