Wednesday, December 8, 2010


The Truth is- It's crazy out there with all the snowbirds and Christmas shoppers. But I remember that my mom use to like to do things like go to Costco on Christmas Eve just because there were going to be a lot of people there and she thought it would be a fun experience. She'd try to think of the place that was going to be the busiest & then join in with the crowd. And then sometimes we'd end up with things we didn't need in the cart and she'd say "everyone else was grabbing them, I thought I should too!". Pretty funny.

The Truth is- Sometimes I, like everyone else misinterpret song lyrics. Like TLC's song Chasing Waterfalls. For a long time I thought it was "don't go Jason Waffles". What a delicious last name! And now there is this song out by Nelly called "Just a Dream" and there is a line in the chorus where he says "opened my eyes" but the way he sings it makes it sound like "threw up in my eye". Nelly, I've had someone (Preston) throw up in my eye, and it's not really that fun. Definitely not something to sing about.

The Truth is- When Patrick and I get bored we do things like search for movies on Netflix that have our name in them. You end up finding movies like Patrick- a movie about a murderer lying in a hospital where the only motion he can muster is the motion to spit but still manages to use his mind to kill people. And Jessica: A Ghost Story about a murdered woman who terrorizes people to insanity while her husband tries to figure out why this restless spirit has returned. People need to make better movies that have our names in the title! Preferably one's where no one is murdered. Something more like Sargent Preston of the Yukon- a television show about a royal Canadian mountie and his trusty horse Rex & steadfast dog Yukon King.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

hahaha, Davis always makes fun of me because I thought it said "go go Jason Waterfalls" which I know makes zero sense, but it's all I could hear. Glad I'm not the only one confused by that line.

Krissa said...

ha... i love that your mom did that... that is cool... exactly how i feel about black friday and midnight showings...haha...

hahahaha.... Jason Waffles...that is awesome...

nope...no movie ever made with my name... and you guys ahve some creepy movies!