Wednesday, December 1, 2010



So today all my truths are going to be about my brother JIMMY (ok, so thats not Jimmy, but that picture reminds me of him).
Because he came home for Thanksgiving, and it was awesome.
And because he's funny.
But mostly because I love him.


The Truth is- that years and years ago after we saw Casper for the first time Jimmy decided that he was going to have a lot of boys and that he was going to name them Fatso, Stretch, Stinky & Casper. We tried to explain to him that you really shouldn't name your kid Fatso or Stinky but he said it would be funny. So Dear Future Nephews of mine, I'm sorry. I tried.

The Truth is- That Jimmy signed up to be an organ donar should anything happen. I told him that if something happens I want one of his organs. His ACL to be exact. Not the one in his left leg, but the one in his right. He had his right ACL replaced a few years ago and they replaced it with a cadaver ACL. He named it Emmet. So should something happen I want Emmet to sit upon my mantel, on display.

The Truth is- When Jimmy was in Kindergarten he told his teacher that my Grandma had died & that we were moving to the mountains. Neither one of those things were true.

The Truth is- One time all us kids went to the movies (i think we were seeing Anaconda at the dollar theater for like the 4th time) and during the movie Jimmy's leg fell asleep. Well instead of waking it up or asking up to just wait a few minutes he started walking on it. Or at least he tried. It was a long walk back to the car and he was limping and dragging his leg the whole time. We got a lot of looks. People were probably wondering why we didn't park in a handicapped spot instead of making the poor boy with a gimpy leg walk across the parking lot.

The Truth is- A few years ago we all went camping for Andrews birthday. For breakfast in the morning we had some mini muffins and since they were cold we decided to warm them by the fire. If you let them sit for just a little bit they were perfect. Well, Jimmy took his, took a big bite, realized it was boiling lava hot, but instead of spitting it out, he just chewed it really super fast and swallowed it all. So now anytime someone puts something hot in their mouth or complains that something is hot we call it "pulling a Jimmy".

The Truth is- One Summer Jimmy was working construction to earn some money to go on a trip with a friend. He asked some of the Hispanic workers if they could give him & his friend a ride home. They said sure, we'll take you home. I guess once they got into the car the workers didn't turn where Jimmy said to turn & were talking in Spanish & Jimmy & his friend were starting to get nervous. So he texted me and said "Jess, I think they are taking me to Mexico". I thought he was joking, so I texted back "don't let them sell you for less than 5 pesos". Turns out he wasn't joking, they were really scared & when they stopped to fill up for gas Jimmy & his friend wouldn't get back in the car & called a parent to come pick them up. He got home & told me what happened, and I felt REALLY bad! Jimmy's worth a lot more than 5 pesos.

2 comments:

Krissa said...

BAHAHAHAHA..... oh this is a good one... haha...
i dont actually think they let you take organs or ACL's for decoration... haha... thats funny though!!!
hahaha... made me laugh out loud at work... people are staring...ooops!

Shay said...

WOW that is so funny! I had to read the last truth to erick he was laughing too!! I remember when he said he was working construction! I remember texting him and he was saying he was learning alot of spanish, but i guess not enough!!