Saturday, December 26, 2015

Christmas 2015

Our Christmas celebration started as it usually does on Christmas Eve morning with the Reynolds side of the family party. We have breakfast in our jammies and open presents and hang out. This year we hosted it, and it was fun! Except for the part where I had a migraine. What are the odds?! I've had less then 8 in my whole life and I get one on Christmas Eve?! I wanted to die. I stayed drugged up and managed to make it through the day.


After that party we hung out and chilled for awhile. We had our traditional white chicken chili dinner and watched Inside Out before bed. 
Jaxton was really into Christmas all month and was so excited to get out cookies for santa. Everytime I asked him how many cookies we should leave out he increased it by one, so I think he ended up with 8 cookies! I tried to talk them into leaving Santa Dr. Pepper but they said no, it had to be milk.
Preston wrote the note by himself, it says "Dear Santa We have ben gud. Thank you for the presits. mere christmas! Love Preston jaxton Lucas


I'm so glad that we keep things simple for Christmas. It's hard because we want to give them tons of things that we know they will like but we also don't want them to be ungrateful and entitled. So we stick to "Something you want something you need something to read something to wear" and then 1 big family gift. So this year they got pillows, remote control cars, books and hoodies and a few little things too. Then our big family gift, a new trampoline with a net! 

The boys weren't allowed to come out of their room till 6am, so naturally right at 6 they came to get us up. They had a fun time opening their gifts



After the gifts were opened Preston said "well, we didn't get a trampoline, but thats ok, we got lots of other great things". We gathered up the trash and told Preston to take it out to the recycle barrel outside and as soon as he opened up the back door we heard a huge gasp and he came running back in saying "He did bring it! It's outside!!" They were thrilled. 



It was a really long day, so long in fact that I got to take 2 naps! Merry Christmas to me!!!
Jaxton snuggled up and napped on my lap which was nice. 

Lots of snuggles happened all day. 


Later that night we had a family dinner with everyone over. 


And then this morning I took down all the Christmas decorations. It's nice having them up, but it feels so cluttered with stuff everywhere, so I always look forward to having it back to normal. I was sad to see the Christmas card collect go tho. I've enjoyed having those up and looking at them whenever I'm in the kitchen. 



No comments: