Friday, July 17, 2015

The 4th of July, 2015

I think Preston loves the 4th of July more then anyone I've ever met.
He might even like it more then Christmas, I don't know.
Probably because on the 4th of July we actually DO stuff as opposed to other holidays where we are boring. 

We usually make 4th of July shirts. This year I found some tie dye kits on clearance at Target in patriotic colors so we did that.
Sad getting a picture where all 3 of them are looking like normal children at the camera is a thing of the past. Someone's always getting smashed or has their eyes closed or isn't looking or something. Like this picture. 


The morning of the 4th Preston came in my room at about 5:30 all dressed in his shirt and said he was ready for the 4th of July to start. Lucky for me I was able to get him to fall back asleep for another hour.
We went to our wards annual pancake breakfast and did a small parade around the building. I was too busy running the flag ceremony and then making sure Lucas stayed off all the bikes to take pictures.
Later that morning Patrick took the boys to Home Depot for a kids workshop where they got to make a Minions car. You can't tell from the back of their heads, but they enjoyed it. 


Later in the day we did some games. Ring toss was fun. Till Lucas realized not all the rings were for him and we had to take turns. 



Concentration.
by the way I'm pretty sure I won again this year. 


We played "firework" where you get wrapped up in toilet paper like a firecracker and then you have to explode free. 





Firecracker!!




Firecracker! 

We didn't have too many red white and blue foods this year, but we did have some pudding. 



Look at that patriotic pudding mustache! 


And then that night we had the missionaries over for dinner along with John, Rox, Noah, Lyla and my friend Krissa. We bbq'd a bunch of cheeseburgers and had all kinds of delicious things. 



I didn't get a picture of us doing fireworks and I wish I had, it was super cute. All the little kids would stand on the sidewalk and whenever Patrick would light a firework they would stomp their feet up and down over and over again. And then cover their ears of course. It was fun. Till Lucas grabbed the end of his sparkler.... His finger and thumb are still recovering from that one. 
The very next morning Preston asked me how many more days till Christmas.
A lot.
I hope. 

No comments: