Tuesday, September 16, 2014

It's been the best of times and the worst of times.

My boys are boys.
Lately they have been very boyish.
And by boyish I mean mischievous.
I don't know if it's because they are getting stir crazy after being inside for the long Summer or what, but lately they have been more wild then normal, not listening as well & just making all kinds of trouble.
I hope it's not just me. 

Saturday morning we had the most AMAZING weather. It was like 84 degrees out. Preston pretty much thought it was Christmas when I told him that our morning routine that day wouldn't be : get dressed, eat breakfast, chores, play but would be: get dressed, eat breakfast, go to the park, come home.













It was fantastic.
I have a feeling we will be making a lot of park trips once its normal outside.
Later that day we went to Jamba Juice to use up some Groupons we had.
It was a day of mostly good times.



And then this happened.
I was not off watchign TV or lounging  or neglecting them, I was taping off Lucas's room so I could paint it and they unrolled the rest of the roll of masking tape and then streamers.
If you look hard at the picture you can see Preston in the background putting something in his pockets. He and Jaxton found my jar of change and filled their pockets with pennies. Those pennies have been found all over the house since then.  



Lucas is currently getting 3 teeth in (1 top tooth, the other has already broken the surface & 2 more bottom teeth). He's been delightful. 



And then came Sunday night. I was in Tucson all night with a friend who's husband was receiving a heart transplant (SO AWESOME!!!) and I got a text from Patrick saying the boys had found a marker after he put them to bed and had drawn all over themselves. They were asleep when he saw it so he didn't get to see that they also drew all over the wall, top of the dresser, on the cup, on the prayer rock, and on the closet.
When I got home and asked Preston about it he said that they had snuck into my room and found a marker and drew all over themselves. They learned the meaning of the word "grounded" that day & of course had to clean up their mess.
This is just not normal Preston behavior. Jaxton, yes, but Preston is usually more level headed about this stuff. I don't think it will happen again though.
And not just because I'm locking up all the markers in the house. 












But lucky for them we still love them and like them and we ended that experience by going back to the park to feed the ducks.
And the mosquito.
Seriously Summer, lets break up. I've got a thing for Fall. 


Next time on the blog...
Lucas's new room!
Hopefully.

1 comment:

JIMMY said...

Is that the Red Mountain Park??

Have you seen Mom's Night Out? I think you would like it. The kids draw all over the walls and she does something pretty cool. Maybe Preston and Jaxton will be future artists!!!