Thursday, August 21, 2014

Back to School! And then some.


Schools back in session!!! This calls for a celebration!
And so we had a "Happy Back to School Eve" party.
Best part about this party is that I had everything we needed already except red plates. 
I wanted to get Preston excited about going back to school. Not that he wasn't, but Summer brought on a lot of separation anxiety for him. Or rather he really hammed it up whenever we were separated with his "Im just going to miss you so so much" and "my heart loves you so much" sobs. Cute, but no.
So we had this party to celebrate school . 







He helped plan the menu which was simple with quesadillas and corn on the cob. 


Lucas approved.
Have I mentioned this kid eats whatever I put in front of him?! LOVE it. 

And for dessert, zucchini bread with Nutella and powdered sugar on top. 


Devoured. 



Then the next day we got ready for school! He goes in the PM now which I wasn't sure how I would like but turns out I love it. And so does he.
He picked out his outfit. Sonic so that everyone would know how fast he is.
Pretty fast. 




And everyone's favorite part, the bus ride. 




It's fun having one on one time with Jaxton in the afternoon since Lucas sleeps from 2-5 and Preston is gone till 3:30. The first day he picked playing a game on the computer for his time.
Elmo game calls for an Elmo hat.

And thats that! School is going great. Preston loves it of course. We had no separation anxiety which is awesome. 

And now the "and then some".

Like I said, Lucas will eat ANYTHING i put in front of him.
Like a rib.
The kid gnawed on that thing for almost an hour. 

And then he got his first real haircut.
He's so big! And handsome.

And Jimmy was here visiting us this past week!
This is the only picture I got....
Preston gave him some Mr. Potato Head accessories.
No one's safe when they fall asleep in public around here! 



No comments: