Monday, June 30, 2014

Summer Goal Progress

This week we made some progress on our Summer goals. We also did things just for fun!

We went to a Build and Grow workshop at Lowes. I'm getting good at putting these things together! This time I only made one mistake. Maybe next time I'll get it done perfectly. But probably not. They made How To Train Your Dragon Sheep Drop games. 


Lucas grew up a lot this week. Look how big he is getting. Where did my baby go?! He'll be 9 months on the 8th of July which is just crazy. He makes us all so so happy. Everyone wants to be around him all the time. He is working on getting some teeth in on bottom. And this week he started climbing up the stairs. Oh boy. He continues to army crawl and ruin all his clothes and get a blister on one big toe from constantly pushing off with that toe and foot, but it works for him.



He is perfection. 


Preston attended Pack Meeting for my cub scouts with me and the theme for the meeting was airplanes. The boys all made paper airplanes and threw them off the stage to land on the runway in the cultural hall. Preston loved it and as soon as we got home was asking for paper airplanes and runways. I got pretty good at making airplanes thanks to YouTube tutorials! If you look in this picture you can see Jaxton passed out on the couch dead asleep after our swimming trip. 



I showed Preston how to play dominoes, and taught him how to play it by himself by matching up numbers and building a fun design. Hopefully this helps him during the day when he asks over and over what fun thing he can do now. 

One of Preston's goals this Summer is to learn how to spell and write his last name. So we practiced that a few times on the chalkboard. 



S's are hard... 


Jaxton has been working on learning his alphabet and counting. He's so stubborn though and has to be in the right kind of mood to do it. We worked on recognizing letters big and small and Preston worked on the sounds each letter makes and what other words start with that sound. Now when we go out he will sound out letters and tell me D-d-d-d Daddy. Donut. Dragon. People around us will sometimes laugh when he says things like w-w-w- Wolf blood! or h-h-h-hilarious. 


We took a trip to the pet shop to look at all the cool animals that I will never allow them to own. Like rats. And snakes. And lizards. 


We painted with water and did more name writing. 




And then that turned into drawing Samurai symbols because we are obsessed with Power Ranger Samurai in this house.  

Lucas and I had some one on one time this week and we played on the trampoline. He loves it and wants to play on there all the time but its just too rough having him and the bigger boys on there. They just dont understand how to bounce softly & I'm still paranoid about Lucas's brain so I don't want him to get roughed up. 


But he was happy to be out there with me doing soft bounces and crawling around. 



I attempted to take the boys (all 3) to a free Summer movie. We lasted 21 minutes before having to go. Preston did well, and Lucas did ok even, but the second the lights went off Jaxton wanted to run around and be loud and even though it was a free movie full of kids I still don't want him to act like that in the theater. Preston was sad to go since he wanted to see the movie, How to train your dragon, but he got better when we went across the street to walmart and just bought the movie to watch at home. 


I even packed them snacks and food to keep them quiet at the movie, and it worked for the 30 minutes before it started. But then it wasn't enough. 



This week I am working on going through the boys closets and organizing it more which is part of my big summer goal of rearranging the boys rooms. Seems like I'm constantly packing clothes up that no longer fit and unpacking bigger clothes. And now I have to pack up and get rid of all the baby stuff. Such mixed emotions putting these things away knowing I wont ever use them again, but its whats best for our family, and we are at peace with that. Plus now other family members can use the hundreds of clothes I've collected over the years! 


My baby just isn't a baby anymore. But isn't he just adorable?! 

1 comment:

JIMMY said...

Cant tell but is it still awfully hot there so all your outside activities takes place at like 7am???

I wish i could attend these things at Lowes!!!

I see there is a bottle of alcohol sitting right by the kids snacks for the movies! 30 minutes and the alcohol kicks in and you're out of the movie! haha

LOVE YOU