Wednesday, April 22, 2009

"Burn Baby Burn"


Michael Scott "Hypothetically, if I were to ask you to go camping and... you know what hypothetical means? So if I were to hypothetically ask you to go camping with me, would you go?"




Andrew decided that for his birthday on Friday (April 17th) he wanted to go camping. MORE than fine with us since we've been wanting to go for quite some time. So Friday we loaded up drove, and ended up at a perfect camp site between Payson & Heber. Nelson Fire Road to be exact.

The first thing you must know is that it was cold. And im not just being a girl and exaggerating. It was cold. You'll notice in the pictures below the presence of jackets/sweaters and everything. Even when the sun was in the two-thirds easterly quadrant, which would make it about.....2 o'clock in the afternoon.

It was my first experience cooking with a dutch oven, which was FANTASTIC except for the part where the following morning my hot chocolate tasted like beans....

The boys stayed busy building things like a swing, and log tables for me to set stuff on, and a fort, and I stayed busy reading and napping.

But of course we all made time for things like Pine-Cone Baseball, which i would like to say im quite good at. I may be going pro at any day!

The downfall of the trip was 2 fold.
1. The cold cold nights. 2 pairs of socks, pants, long sleeves, a hoodie, a beanie plus the hood of the hoodie on, a mummy sleeping bag, and a wool jacket on top of my sleeping bag and still I was cold. So the following night we rought it in the Escape. MUCH warmer. Which was nice until...
2. Patrick got sick. No, not food poisoning because the rest of us were fine, and we ate all the same things, just some sort of stomach bug. It was the first time in our lives that we were sad to see the time was only 12:30am when we thought it had to be close to 4am. Bad night...lots of trips out of the car, lots of times setting off the car alarm due to having to open the door so quickly.

Needless to say we returned to civilization early on Sunday morning.
We took videos, and I will post them. Because we're too cool for everyone not to see it.



Jimmy climbing the tree.


Still in love, even in the wild!


Jimmy in the fort "studying"



There's always room for one of these pictures




How I spent my time. Check out my bling!




The swing. And the football Andrew threw right when i was taking the picture...







Building the fort







My shelving units








Our campsite












5 comments:

Jen said...

oh I am so jealous, that looks like soooo much fun. Not the throwing up part though, poor patrick! but the fort looks amazing! How fun and the swing, and the shelves, man they hooked you up!! and the bling we were checking out, was that on the hat or the wedding band I haven't seen yet. I want to see it!! Glad you guys had fun, sorry you were cold!!

Bree said...

Hey that is a pretty big tarp you have there I wonder whose it is. Oh wait yeah it's mine. Totally wish I could go camping and play pinecone baseball and read books and just be lazy. Lucky!!!

Krissa said...

It looks like you guys had a lot of fun other than being sick and Patrick getting sick..sorry about that... Um...and I love your hat, I am a proud owner of one myself!!!

Jamie said...

Forts, shelves, a lovely blue tarp, when you camp you camp! Hope Patrick is feeling better!

Diane Arnett Gardiner said...

It's good to see that boys never actually do grow up. That is exactly what my 6 and unders do when we're camping. but I'd have to challenge you to a bit of pine cone baseball just to teach you some humility... I ROCK!